Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Insist" to Stay Positive - Part 2




Well, I haven’t really shared here yet, that when I got back here in the Philippines the first time, I left my job in the university to shift to another career – Human Resource and I was disillusioned after 3 months not finding myself fitting to the challenges of the work. I found myself a much better option to go back to the university under the assistance of 2 Jesuit priests (president and vice president themselves) but to no avail. I was heartbroken and left again for the US.

My second come back here in the country made me leap into a spiritual direction – this time with more “grilling” with Fr. Frank, SJ (the first part was by Fr. Norlan, SJ). While I continued with it, I found a job related to training employees of a company as I searched more of myself. I was ready to plunge into anything. While the Joyfully Hopeful shirts were produced I started blogging. I found myself a great past time from where I was and am still able to extend myself to others.

On and off the season for writing, I found myself going back to it (writing). When I found myself beautiful books to devour by Dr. Wayne dyer’s ( Manifest your Destiny, There is Spiritual Solution to Every Problem and The Power of Intention), the way I look at things, events, people and the insistence on being positive with life are the greatest contributions of the books.

From the title of my blog, one may get an impression of a struggle since I use the word “insist”. I used such to give emphasis on not being carried away by all the things that our mind tends to process and interpret without checking reality. And even if reality is as it is. We can still insist (deliberately) and decide not to be emotionally carried with it.

My life has been a decision every day to live most of life. I “insist” on the following positive things that I can live for on a daily basis :

1. What has happened yesterday is over, I can start again today
2. I will continue to forgive the soonest
3. I will try to as much as I can radiate love than anger and hate
4. I love surrounding myself with positive people and things such as books, songs, activities, meditation (this time with my husband…heheheh we are now becoming partners to a lot of things)
5. I create crazy things in my mind to imagine good things to happen and all beautiful possibilities just to create a new path in my brain that was conditioned to capture the negatives

I decide every day to stay on the positive side though I feel several of those tempting negative emotion (this should not be misinterpreted as suppressing emotions…you may read my other blog on this site entitled EMOTIONS AND EQ- November 11, 2010). Lately, I got so inspired also when I read about a man named Matthieu Ricard featured at Reader’s Digest Asia in January 2011 as the Happiest Man in the World. His biography states that he is an author, photographer, former molecular geneticist, researcher, and devout Buddhist monk, and translator for Dalai Lama.

How did he get such a title? The most remarkable feature of this man is the fact that he had been practicing meditation for more than 35 years now. After those years, Ricard has become proficient in controlling his mind. Let me quote Readers’ Digest – Asia (January 2011) …”Looking inward to find joy rather than relying on external conditions he believes is the way to achieve contentment and wellbeing: ‘it is quite clear that the outer conditions are not enough. The way we interpret and translate those outer conditions in our inner experience is what determines either a sense of well being or misery”.

He added further that Ego and self-centeredness ..” are the biggest threats to true happiness” (well you could check out also my blog on Ego - August 30, 2011- just type in the search box) as I quoted Dr. Wayne Dyer with how he describes how it works).

Well, I may have too many things here but as I recounted the journey to finding the right attitude, I could say right now that I am not allowing my past to define me. I have the choice at the moment to live my life not pleasing to others but to my true Source ….God himself.

At times, I was being questioned by some individuals about the behavior that I displayed such as not being able to “fight” during arguments or to go straight with harsh words in order for someone to be able to sort of realizing or see things the way I do or should be. I guess I just have to allow my silence for a while to sort things out within before I plunge into a good discussion …not turning it into an argument.

I feel even more positive seeing that each one of us has the capacity to wait for the right time to say something in order to create the greatest impact.

Even Jesus when he was questioned and cross-examined prior to crucifixion remained in His silence and needed not to defend himself in the face of the greatest turbulence and test before his perpetrators. I should say that Jesus already gave us His greatest example.


Hey…what I am writing here my friends can be done. If a lot of peoples’ lives have changed due to a shift in mentality and mental attitude then it can happen to us…
Here… let’s toast together for much better behavior and life for all of us…
God bless us all!

6 comments:

  1. 'HappyTude'- happiness is an attitude!> ingon pa ni Bo sanchez!
    so proud of you my friend.. this blog is humbly written and true to its words.
    continue to be an inspiration...;)
    let's shower the world with positive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe wow that's new to my vocabulary ..."happyTude" I like it...thanks gie ha...i will definitely continue serving through this ...you are inspiring me too gie to go on:-) God bless!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your writing style reminds me of my officemate romy, she's a great writer and also a member of a catholic organization, hmmmm I guess its ksd...im not so sure....

    your are blessed with the skill to inspire and give emotions to words, to move people ...

    im sharing Jeremiah 29:11 for i know the plans i have for you declares the Lord.Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend taught me how to bring in positive energy. She said all you need to do is to praise GOD! I did it Mrs G. and I kid you not. It was the most beautiful energy I ever encountered. All these negative energies surrounding us are the workings of the devil, and the only way to drive them away is to praise God and thank Him for His great love and kindness. Miss you my friend. Mwahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Zelmarq:-) I thank you for dropping by here...I hope i was able to serve you well here hehe...thank you for inspiring me also...you are one of those that push me to continue writing and improve my craft and to live my life well so that I am able to share...I can see that you have the "eyes" and the heart for the essentials to life...keep on keeping on...God bless you always:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello jake my friend:-) you know what ...my eyes is already so "used" and kind of miss you already when I don't see you here and i am just so glad that you are here to inspire me as always:-) THANK YOU SO MUCH:-) Of course you are right again hehe ...nothing beats prayer ...that's the greatest weapon we have not to get carried by any negative thoughts that of course comes from opposite side of our God :-) padayon friendship...you really found the greatest treasure of all...OUR GOD:-) toast!!!!

    ReplyDelete