Monday, April 2, 2012

The Warrior Is A Child

http://www.zazzle.com/children_playing_in_leaves_card-137769287620218702

I have special love and attention with children. When I get tired and I become so busy with my daily engagements or when my world becomes so complicated, I talk to children. You know why? They are no fake. You ask them any question and you get their honest answer. You would even get honest answer that they don’t know the answer.

The song that I quote below was sang by Gary Valenciano entitled The Warrior is the Child. And why in the world would I go to children when it’s from them that says in the song “Warrior”. Well I am going to illustrate in here a different warrior (not the brutal warrior).

In my previous blog, I wrote that inside us is the spirit of a child that was born in the past. It became "contaminated" through the years that led to putting on masks  to give in to the world’s expectations that led to suppressing the child’s spirit in us.

Why am I sharing this one here? Lately, I was into making another major decision involving my career. Inside me I was grueling and pressing myself so hard about which I value the most between career and facing my responsibilities of motherhood and being a wife. Though my health may be well but I knew also that I could not go on performing so many things at the same time. I may appear strong and sturdy but at times the child within gets to stumble on her knees with that loud cry for "help".

So I see myself “winning battles left and right” I feel success with a lot of things that I do. But I feel such emptiness at times. Something that I could not understand with success leading me to question its true nature. Success I guess without the feeling of fulfillment and meaning is nothing for me.

“They don’t know that I come running home when I fall down”. You know what? I am smiling while I encoded the previous line. Simply because…if before, I fear so much failure and falling. Now no more. Falling for me is learning and re-shaping for new things to come in. It takes a lot of humility on my part to embrace the reality that I do not really control everything that happens around me. Acceptance keep me on my feet. Acceptance for me equals going home…face my God in humility and say “I am just me God”. I really love it that way. No faking…flaws laid down… with my beautiful relaxed smile…hmmm… establishing that long term friendship with Him keeps me so assured with that Love…

And oh…when I am on my knees I just know in full confidence…the warrior inside me…holding on to that fight…so positive and poised with all the challenges… “He just picks me up when no one is around”. And I dust myself, clean up, put on new set of clothes, put on my new set of armor, sharpen my sword, more prepared for the next battle ... great wow.

Children just remind me so much of just being like that of kid's heart that just cares so less about the opinions of the world and looks up to just ONE PERSON that says with truthfulness that I am His daughter with a promise that He will be with me all the way.

Just read on the lyrics of the song below…feel it …you may see yourself going through the same journey. My thanks to all my children friends that remind me always to stick with being a child inside despite the dragging and temptations of the world.

Come “children” sing with me: 

THE WARRIOR IS A CHILD

Lately I've been winning battles left and right
But even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I'm amazing
I'm strong beyond my years
But they don't see inside of me
I'm hiding all the tears

Chorus:

They don't know that I come running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while (Look up for His smile)
'Coz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child (Aahhh)
Unafraid because His arrow is the best
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest
People say that I'm amazing
[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/warrior-is-a-child-lyrics-gary-valenciano.html ]

I never face retreat, oh no But they don't see the enemies
That lay me at His feet

Chorus:

They don't know
that I come running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while (Look up for His smile)
'Coz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child (Aahhh)

They don't know that I come running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while (Look up for His smile)
'Coz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child (Aahhh)

No comments:

Post a Comment