Sunday, October 2, 2016

5 Years And Beyond...Happy Anniversary To My Love:-)

...some steps back to a memory....an old family photo with my hubby and girl:-)

October 1, 2011.  That's the date of our wedding.  And last Saturday, we celebrated our 5th.  I should say, we had it simple and intimate.  I and Michael slept late the previous night due to our dancing spree with our daughter.  We switched the lights off in the sala, turned on some fast music and made our daughter dance and dance until I decided to just stop her for bed. Alone together, we never made plans for the following day, instead talked and talked until late that night remembering our "love story" ...

I woke my husband up the following day on our anniversary telling him that the Church music was turned on giving us an idea that there is a mass at 6:00am.  So I suggested that we might as well hear mass.  Thus, we started with such celebration with the living rosary said after it as the launching of the month of Rosary (I remember St. Therese on the same day - her feast Day - Oct. 1).  

I'd say, we had such a beautiful start for our anniversary...celebrating it with God.  We took our simple breakfast at home with the usual taking over feeding our daughter from time to time and snuggled and bathe her before putting her to the regular morning sleep.

Tired the previous night, I guess we both craved for sleep after which I allowed my daughter to  play with her friends in the afternoon.  When my daughter is out in the street, I usually spend some time talking with neighbors including a retired neighbor named "Tess" ( I call her maam Tess)  who accompanied her grand child while playing.   

I told her that Mike and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary that day.  I felt so relaxed when she stated something like " ...as you grow older, you won't really desire for something flashy to celebrate an anniversary.  Having each other is more than enough".  Furthermore, she said that she and her husband spend long hours talking at night up to wee hours of the morning.  It is always that way.  Someone even commented it as "weird" but still for them it's not.  I consider that statement as God's heart for the day.

We proceeded the  night  with a family dinner at pizza hut...with us taking turns at running after our daughter who was busy with her curious survey escapade at the mall.  After which we took our girl home and spent time together on a movie date up to almost midnight.  

And while the night closed,  I kept the "wisdom" stated by our retired neighbor named Tess in my heart.  I know that on our 5th year together, we have a lot to "clean up" with our attitude, priorities for the family - for each other and Mikaela our little girl...and our faith in the Lord.  One thing is certain up to this point, I always feel my husband's love for me and our daughter.  He has stayed faithful, a good provider and stood strong for our family:-) And I know there will be long hours of talks, holding hands (i see people looking at us while we do that).  I know that there will be more arguments but  forgiving each other...but more love for each other.  I know  God is always on our side:-)

A toast to my husband Michael for the 5 beautiful years and Beyond:-)   






No comments:

Post a Comment