Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Passionately Engaged

http://dang-justaboutanything.blogspot.com/


I am at the airport right now (December 11, 2011) waiting for my flight back to my place (we were not informed that we would be delayed). I thought of finding myself something to “nibble” while I wait. And so I found this wonderful piece to write…my life’s passion…:-)

A while ago, I passed by a portion of the airport that says free internet access. I thought of plunging into the net and get lost for a while. But then I also tried to check my own blog site when I realized that writing has become almost as natural as drinking water. I really, really like it. And that if there is one thing I would just like to do when I am left alone…it is to write and write and write….(…without losing site to loving my husband hehehe).

Few things to add though. It is not only writing that I find myself having fun with and is engaging in. I also do shirt design and manual screen printing. Though there are those that help me do it, I print on small orders. I also love “face painting”. What I mean is, I study how face make up is done and I do them to myself and there are few others that allowed me to do it to them (like Nancy and Amy in the pix). I like to improve my craft on this and I like the output very much.
I also do interior design. My husband felt crazy about how picky I am with colors that should be put on at home with any furniture particularly the bedroom and the receiving area. He likes the output though.

I can also sew clothes (I sew my high school uniform of with the help of my mom and some of my dresses and pajamas). I just don’t have my own sewing machine at the moment (one of my greatest dream).

Since I am good at designs and color combinations, I do that to myself too with my choices of clothes. I have lots of cheap clothes. A lot of them bought from the okay-okay (cheap second hand clothes in small and big bazaars). My skill is to renovate and re-invent them. Cheap clothes turned into something elegant and expensive to look at.

I really have eyes for something simple, elegant and relaxing to look at. My eyes just know and catch them when they are there before my eyes. And when they are not I visualize it and make it come alive by creating it. When I join parties, I check on themes and visualize myself with it. The image would always portray simplicity and elegance combined regardless of the price (they don’t have to be expensive in order to look good).

I usually minimize my expenses. I re-invent old stuffs so as not to buy anymore. For me, buying expensive stuffs for one night affair is a BIG NO BUY. I don’t go for it though some may think that it is just ones in a lifetime thing or event (in fact the other night, I told my husband that we could buy fire crackers for new year which later changed into…let’s buy gifts for kids that sing Christmas carols outside our house).

Well so much for passion…hahahah ….este here is an additional passionate activity I have… reading books, blogs, articles…with sense …about life, growth, spirituality, religion, …any life-giving piece or work of art in writing…I love to devour them.
…and to pray…the greatest passion I have that heals my soul…this one beautiful thing supplies and fuels all the things I do above and this next thing…I just want to really, really improve my craft in loving my husband ..nyahahhahhaha:-) . I am still in the process of shaping it and finding the best and most creative ways of putting that love into action:-)
God help me :-)

5 comments:

  1. like... ug samot nga naglike kay naa ko sa piks. hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhaha toinks ug nagbasa si ms. Nance ...actually Ms. Nancy is the short hair in the pix with ms. amy ...thanks for the opportunity to "paint" your pretty faces mwah ...love it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. right sir benz...you seem to have stopped blogging..i kept on checking your site...hope I could catch more of your writings in the future ....thanks for dropping by sir benz:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehhehe, mam nice kaau na apil ko nimu sa blog, thanks again : )

    ReplyDelete