Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Becoming The RIGHT WOMAN


Hello again...I guess my friend Jake led me to produce again another piece of blog. Since I was writing in my previous blog my suggestions for men's preparation to becoming Mr. Right that the ladies may be "running after" someday. I guess i should deal with my own gender.

Let me start with myself. When I was in grade school, my sisters Gina and Grace were my greatest influence in my formation. They both studied in a Catholic high school and they were both so involved with Marian club organization in school. This club strongly exemplifies praying and apostolate combined. As I was able to join them in their formation (while i was in grade school), I told myself, that I would be like them too, one day.

As I reached high school, I thought i could prepare myself for the convent life and be a nun / sister (hahahhaha i wanted so much to become one...that time). But even if i thought of that, i had countless crushes. I cry over crushes that did not notice me (hahahha with my insecurities, i know now that perhaps they saw more of that than my shining smile and beauty hahahahha na naman).

But hey, i was not the regular adolescent jamming with friends going night out in bars. I thought i was so laid back considering i had my group of friends who where also like me in college. I tell you...we were not boring idiots so naive about what were happening in the world. We were crazy talking individuals who liked discussing about many things going on around us, ourselves and others, too (kungting chikka daw).

When I was in college, I had friends who stayed in the library with me, joined charismatic group at the cathedral with me, ate out with me, drank liquor with me (only after our graduation day hahahahah so drunk with my sister gay ...vomited at the toilet bowl and slept beside and basin filled with our " intestinal venom" hahahahhaha crazy ha). I experienced smoking a little (was curious how it tasted). I got drunk also when i stayed and cried with a friend whose brother died in a very serious circumstance (this one i cannot reveal you how he died).

And so going back...How did I really prepare myself to be worthy for a guy someday? Well I can still recall way back in college when and even if I was a little wayward with my ways, I prayed everyday for a man if in case i was for married life. But in any way God has another plan for me such as to join the convent or be single for the rest of my life, I was also so open to any of it.

I did not really expect such dedication to praying for a man or for a vocation would lead me to Mike. I admit i had crushes but my husband had different impact on me. I was so afraid to get near him despite my feelings. I did not also expect him to be my boyfriend. The feeling was more than enough for me to realize that I liked if not...really loved him (and still love him hehehe with a big smile).

So what would i tell the ladies? I would like to go straight this time (based from experience and that of others) :

1. Pray

You may want to argue with me but a lot of us have experienced praying and we reaped good harvest from it. This time i would tell you to pray for man that would come in your life and in like manner also, you would be able to identify him when he comes (i know this because i experienced it myself heheheh).

2. Search for your man in the right place.

You see I belong to a small Catholic Christian community (Sowers Field Community). A lot of those that got married married in my small community they met them there. Though I did not meet my husband there, the eyes of my heart was sharpened to look for qualities in a man. If you want God-fearing men, go to places where you would be able to encounter men worshiping God (so sorry guys but i have to go straight again related to this...i want you to know your God too). I heard a lot of those who expressed their hearts with me and who got broken... met men in places where God was not acknowledged. Of course i respect their choices but i am just dropping a strong bomb of a hint here. Mike started his courtship with me by joining me at daily masses. He saw me praying the rosary now he is leading it himself for both of us.

3. Do something wonderful while you wait.

I have seen ladies who are so desperate with the search that they forgot to take care of themselves. Grow yourself. Do something wonderful while you wait. I did a lot of good things. I served my Christian community by giving talks and workshops. I did higher studies, too. I plunged into writing. I traveled. I worked so hard at doing my crafts. I found my passions. I discovered a lot of hobbies to enjoy. Of course, I joined worships every Sunday at masses (though at this time i rarely join my Christian community).

4. Always maintain a positive attitude.

We are exposed to innumerable "negatives"everyday. But it is always a choice to stay on course and never be carried by anxiety. Stay faithful to your desire to meet your man. I learned from Dr. Dyer that if you have positive mindset you attract the same....and i believe there would be a very positive man that would meet you half way ...not really a perfect man...but who can match up with you. Believe me ...God is a perfect matchmaker...Don't ever doubt that.

5. Hopping from one guy to another

The above won't help. It is not a trial and error thing. Again, going from one guy to another won't help. I am so sorry to tell you this but this is based from my experience and from those beautiful books i read about creating not really perfect relationships but ...Oh my..so beautiful ones. You see, part of the package is to really wait. While you wait you sharpen your ability to discern before making a decision to say yes to a guy. It is just so sad that decision as made in haste (through txting perhaps heheh i know a lot of them) and based on the highs of emotions. It was St. Augustine that said something like... not making a decision when you are at the height of emotion (or its opposite low). Love is not seen automatically in those heights though it can be a fertile ground where love can grow. Hehe i think i would be very unfair to you if i would just stop from here. If you have painfully gone through series of relationships, you can stop now ( hahaha i would rather say it straight)...if you want to have that kind of relationship that's worth the journey and waiting you had.

6. Physical intimacies

The above is never a guarantee of expressing love. You will be hurting each other or yourself even more. If you have experienced it, you can at least decide to stop with the decision to start being chaste again. I would suggest you read the book "I kissed Dating Goodbye" (by Joshua Harris). Oh so beautiful book. It is a good book for those that would want to start all over again with their dating life.

You might think that I now have the perfect man. Mike is not perfect but God brought me to the right man...my right match... I am not perfect too but i guess God is just an artist that beautifully crafted our hearts on a stone giving us that grace to be the right match for each other despite imperfections.

I would lastly suggest...don't do it your way...do it God's way...though our friends or anyone may serve as the instrument that would lead us to the right man...IT IS ONLY GOD THAT DOES THE PERFECT MATCHMAKING...:-) ... just strive to be the RIGHT WOMAN ...:-) ...don't watch for your man to come and just do do nothing...because HE WILL REALLY COME:-)

PS. Thanks to my friend Jake...he is such a facilitator hehehhe mwah:-)

14 comments:

  1. Wonderfully written! You are absolutely right about everything that you wrote here. The ladies will surely learn from this... I may not be the right person to say this, but I wish to thank you on behalf of them all...hahaha..I was just really laughing when you mentioned my name in this post especially when you said "he is such a facilitator..." I don't really know why, but probably I was just amused at how my little comments have led you to write such noteworthy posts. Keep writing my friend. You made me smile today! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. helllooo friendship hehehe...i really listen well to movements of the Spirit through people like you...you just mention anything that would move me from within...thanks kaayo ha:-) hahaha love it gyud mwah God bless you always:-) and surely ...will continue to write ...such an encouragement from you is like God telling me to go on hehehe mwah mwah:-) BIG THANKS:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this from facebook...you might want to enlighten us as well...

    Cathy Cajes: how did you know that mike is the right one?? i know heaps of couples who seems to be perfect for 15 yrs then eventually decided to live their lives apart from each other.
    no offence but, I think it doesn't matter if you have the right one or not...
    what matters , is that you are in the relationship because you love that someone and you're happy with him/her and that the feeling is mutual..
    9 hours ago · Like

    Cathy Cajes: and if the time will come that the relationship is not working then let go... and be open to fall in love again...
    9 hours ago · Like

    Cathy Cajes: and there is no such thing as the right place to meet Mr. Right. In the eyes of God everyone is equal, so even if you met that someone inside the prison, it doesn't matter... just remember that while you are in the relationship, commit yourself and do whatever you can to work things out... and PRAY... ;)
    9 hours ago · Like

    Jake Anthony Jagos: Let me clarify first that the post is clearly about entering into a "serious relationship" and therefore leading on to marriage. It is a post for women who want to settle down and enter into a serious relationship. The writer is not talking about other forms of relationships that are becoming famous now a days and are commonly seen in Hollywood movies and television series. We also have to understand that the post was written by someone who strongly believes in what the Church taught us -- that marriage is going to be a life long journey with Christ.
    6 hours ago · Like

    Jake Anthony Jagos: With that in mind, she believes it is wise for "girls like her" to choose someone whom they can truly commit their whole life with, someone with strong moral convictions, someone who believes in a life-long marriage, someone who believes that God completes a relationship. Otherwise, why venture into marriage? Why venture into something you don't actually believe in? Why enter into marriage when deep inside something tells you that the relationship "may" falter and "may not" work-out?
    6 hours ago · Like

    Jake Anthony Jagos: This was probably why she was suggesting to find your partner from places where you're ideal man would most probably linger. Well, if your ideal man is someone who loves to go to parties here and there, then you would mostly find that man in parties and in sociable gatherings. If you are highly spiritual, of course you would want to find someone who can relate to you...and I don't think there is high probability of meeting him in not so spiritual places.
    6 hours ago · Like

    Jake Anthony Jagos: ‎*then you would most probably
    6 hours ago · Like

    Jake Anthony Jagos: Loving is certainly not just a feeling. It is a decision. If you are thinking about marrying, it is therefore wise to find someone who truly understands the concept above; otherwise, that someone might just think of you as a dress -- needs to be washed, will be worn again some other time.
    6 hours ago · Like

    ReplyDelete
  4. candidly-perfectly written my friend! God is really a perfect match maker! i too experienced in waiting for my Mr. right.-praying & patiently waiting..hehehhehe

    Grabe pag si Lord ang mag matchmaker!awesome!!!
    thanks for sharing this dang..nice jud kaayo!!! mwa.. God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's more...

    Cathy Cajes: fair enough.. but nahhh... still no one is sure of choosing the right choice... feelings may and can change along the way... loving someone is not based on his/her background, past, or lifestyle... if that's what you believe then maybe you don't believe in saying that everyone is fair in love...
    2 hours ago · Like

    Cathy Cajes: every girl wants to have a life long marriage... but what if you choose the wrong guy... what will you do? continue to live with that someone because you were bonded with the marriage? i have friends who literally beg their parents to live their life separately because their not at peace anymore...
    2 hours ago · Like

    Cathy Cajes: given the author of the blog is one of those lucky girls who found a good man... but its not applicable for every one...
    2 hours ago · Like

    Cathy Cajes: not all men that you met in the spiritual places are good,,, not all men who go to masses every sunday do have a good heart...
    2 hours ago · Like

    Cathy Cajes: and not all prisoners are criminals,...
    2 hours ago · Like

    Cathy Cajes: my brother don't go to church every sunday.. so that would mean he don't deserve to be love or to be consider as mr. right???
    2 hours ago · Like

    Cathy Cajes: the only step the she wrote that i strongly agree... is the number 1... PRAY....
    2 hours ago · Like

    Cathy Cajes: choosing someone we want to be in our life is like any other choice we made everyday... the best thing we can do is to pray... ;)
    2 hours ago · Like

    Cathy Cajes: example: pink color may look good on you.. but it look horrible on me... ;)
    about an hour ago · Like

    Cathy Cajes: im not saying the author's relationship will end up soon.. my only point is, no steps nor books can ever give human a way to have a happy love life... coz that's magic of it... other wise, it won't be called LOVE...
    about an hour ago · Like

    Jake Anthony Jagos: That's basically the problem. Our world today has defined "love" as some kind of magic, some kind of spark that gives the right feeling. Then what happens next? The feeling is gone; romance is over; then what? Somebody's gonna have to say the "I don't like you anymore? It's not gonna work out?" That's not love. Love is not a feeling. It is a decision. You choose to enter marriage because you say you love the person -- panindigan mo yan. Now that is why it is very important that both parties realize what they are entering into. That's all I'm saying. Please don't mistaken the writer or probably me for some person who looks down on other people. We're not saying your brother can never become Mr. Right Guy. What I'm saying is, if ever he decides to get married, he has to prepare himself by realizing the seriousness of the life he is going to be entering into.
    21 minutes ago · Like

    Jake Anthony Jagos: The Church has a way of reaching out to couples with failed marriages. Certainly, there are cases that are not bounded by love and when this is proven, the marriage is annulled.
    15 minutes ago · Like

    Jake Anthony Jagos: You are right about wrong guys. And since there are "wrong guys" then there should be "right guys". It's always best to prevent than to cure. Choose your guy well and minimize the chances of ending up a failure.
    8 minutes ago · Like

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jake...splendid ...you know what ...you sound like a love counselor already hahahha i was laughing all the way...your words were so strongly written...so true...so beautiful...in fact we need not argue with truth...they are like anchored and grounded so well on a strong foundation...

    Cathy has the right to her own opinions and I truly respect her for that...when she said that she will go for PRAYER...indeed she made the most beautiful choice for what she is going to do that is...again... TO PRAY...in fact i could eliminate all my other suggestions to support Cathy's choice...for I am confident that if she anchors herself in prayer...she will be able to come up with her own suggestions for #s 2 to infinity if she grounds herself in it. For sure God has His own unique way of communicating with Cathy (i hope she reads this:-) with much love and hope for a bright future for her).

    To you Jake...my friend...wow...i could not say anything anymore except to make you continue writing or blogging...you've just thrown into the "air" something for others to live for...one thing that i learned with blogging or sharing our thoughts and our hearts is that...not everyone will always agree with us...that's a fact...we allow sharing and we allow appreciation of everything that comes out from each one of us...don't you think each one of us came from the same Source? God made us so beautiful so that we can see God's wonderful piece in each of us...I thank Cathy for her sharing...I THANK YOU MY FRIEND FOR BEING SO BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT AND FOR LETTING YOUR HEART BE FELT BY EVERYONE...I AM SO PROUD OF YOU JAKE:-) with flying kisses heheheh GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Angie dear...while i was readding your blogs and how you passionately describe your husband right now...i feel so much that God brought you to your match too...hehe. I could be at peace knowing that you my friend is in good hands with your beautiful man...we continue to pray for each other ha...God bless you always!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really I am not trying to put an image of a very smooth sail in the journey of the search...loving someone can be very challenging indeed...I am praying for everyone that would be able to read this blog for a happy marriage strongly grounded in God and no other ....Amen:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen dang!!!
    mwa-hug tyt!! ;)
    God bless..

    ReplyDelete
  10. It feels good to be affirmed by other people, especially by friends whom you know as credible, intelligent, and trustworthy. Thanks Mrs. G. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Touched ko Jake woi...nakakataba ng puso...thanks so much...hahhaha lingaw kaayo ko sa imo Mrs.G...dang na lang oi eheheheheh God bless you friendship...you too...keep writing gyud hehehe mwah mwah

    ReplyDelete
  12. super dooper Amen gie...hug hug tight too...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, im speechless, im a new fan of yours....

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello Zelmarq ...thank you...can I say...i am speechless too? heheh copycat...I am soo pleased you are reading my blogs...and i hope ...i am and in any way able to extend myself to you...kindly pass the message ...our mission together:-) heheh thanks so much...God bless you always...and continue to be a blessing to others:-)

    ReplyDelete