Monday, October 10, 2011

From Single Life to Being a Wife



Since my wedding on October 1, 2011, I have not really written much in here. Maybe because I have focused myself on the new life and journey that I now share with my long time boyfriend (now my ex hehehe) who is now my husband.

I thought it was an easy transition. You see I have been so comfortable with single life for quite a long time (hahahha trying to hide the age ha). I loved the independence and that nobody was dictating me. If I went home early or late, it did not really matter because I felt that the time was mine. I just loved it that way.

But then, one day God led me to decide to pursue married life. It was then like counting the tik tak of the clock - hours, minutes and seconds until i said my "I do" and voila... the shift to married life. It was like an easy climb on a fence and waved my hands to the other side with my beautiful goodbye smile.

And oohhh...i am so excited to tell you about this. I just had my first shortcomings being a new wife ...

1. I needed to re-frame myself having someone beside me all the time
2. I wanted (ones only hahahha but i got to peep at it from time to time) to sleep in the couch so as to have my space back (ouch!!! of course my husband had to bring me back to my senses ...hahhahah...i was like a kid folding my skinny body wrapping my knees with both arms and should i add biting the tip of my nails hahahah what was i thinking?)
3. He just reminded me that i promised to God during our wedding to submit myself to him (hahahah you see i get to be stubborn sometimes...that was really a firm reminder from Mike speaking as if God was talking to me too...)
4. I discovered i am so prim and proper . I just want things to be where they should be AND Mike's coming into my life brought me to my senses again that he has his ways of doing things that I should respect ...(which he reminded me a lot of times on that).

But you see, after all this little struggles, I like very much us holding each others hands and while we talk we remind each other that we may not be perfect but still we hold on to that promise to love each other...

Well...still a very long way to go...and a lot to learn from those that have traveled ahead of us. The thing is, I and Mike both feel that we are surrounded by beautiful married couples and oh so beautiful friends that are journeying with us...

We both thank God :-)

5 comments:

  1. Halo my friend,

    nagngisi jud ko upon reading this post of yours my friend.. it's true jud na.hehhehe.. makarelate man pod ko da..hehehhe.
    i'm sure you will overcome exceptionally, w/ flying colors pa jud, whatever comes your way!
    God bless you both my friend.. ;)..enjoy and have a blissful journey together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow;
    congrats again Dang. Best wishes in your new journey.

    God bless to the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Angie dear...you are really supporting and comforting me. I know I could also count on you with your very positive attitude with life...you will contaminate me hehehe God bless you always mwah:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Andres...thank you so much...your regular visits in my blog site is so inspiring ... Thank you so much and for your support...i really did not expect that one day i would get to have regular communication with you...hope to see you in our reunion ...God bless you my friend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahahahaha...I share the same "what ifs" with the old you; well, good on you -- you are dealing with it now.

    May God bless you and Mike always. Keep blogging!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete