Monday, August 29, 2011

THE EGO

grabbed from http://www.dotcrush.com/what-is-an-ego/

For days now I have not written any blog. I simply muse myself with activities such as devouring a book, meditation, food, Church, play with my pet, visit my sister's house and eat my meal there, surf the net, watched videos on the computer, etc. In simple terms, i tried to detach myself from the regulars and my ordinary days - Just i and myself.

When I started to realize that words have not come out when i started to "scribble" a little through my computer, I decided to stop. My mind was so crapped with so many things and I knew then that I had to pullover.

What was so significant during my break was the small treasure that I found that gave that big spark in my current state. This i found from the book I just read entitled the Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer. Let me quote some major points.

It says ego is made of six primary ingredients that account for how we experience in ourselves as disconnected :

1. I am what I have. My possessions define me.
2. I am what I do. My achievements define me.
3. I am what others think of me. My reputation defines me
4. I am separate from everyone. My body defines me as alone.
5. I am separate from all that is missing in my life. My life space is disconnected from my desires
6. I am separate from God. My life depends on God's assessment of my worthiness

I feel that from the enumerated ingredients above, I have struggled in a tug-of-war trying so hard not to be ruled by the ego in my life.

The ego works around - I, Me, and Myself state. And so if I would say "i have this and that, i achieved this or that, and the stories revolved around myself. And we try to shun others away by not listening to them. Or not to put them first.

Or we talk as if the world is us and us alone. When we compete and put others aside and we forget that " we are all connected to each other in in a circle, in a hoop that never ends" (Pocahontas, the movie).

When we say that i can't have this because, i am a sinner or that i don't deserve to have a better life or to have God in my life. When someone asks us why the personality we have.

When we say "it's embarrassing, shameful, when we hide the truth of ourselves is an obvious protection and wrapping we have ruled by the ego. There is nothing wrong when people see us to have those stuffs we have or what we have achieved but when they become attached or we become attached to it / them, we lose sight of the real us.

In another book of Dr. Dyer, Manifest Your Destiny, he stated DO NOT COMPLAIN, DO NOT EXPLAIN. He printed this and put this on his wall to remind himself always. (This same line, I posted in one of my shirts). Actually, it is still the work of the ego to keep on complaining and explaining about things and us. A very tiring pursuit of the ego trying to make itself appear clean and powerful in the eyes of others ( big sigh!!!!!).

I have been into a situation when surround by friends i felt like being cross examined. Questions were thrown at me in all directions. I felt trapped and pressured to answer all their questions. When I recalled back home my answers and how I answered them created an inner disturbance and the "knowing" eye was there telling me " you could have said this" or "that was not the truth", etc. To shut her up, I would reason out in my mind many things to defend my statements but yet, i felt it did not work out well. It was like a battle of words inside that I got tired with it.

You know what? I don't want to be disconnected from my SOURCE ...GOD up there ...down here in my heart where the TRUTH was markedly written in bold and bright. If I would have difficulty accessing my Source because of the strength and air of my ego trying to weaken my ties with Him then I must shift gears.

Perhaps we can try this together? If we go up higher our ego, we can attract together our heart's greatest desires. I hope this makes sense to you:-)



Note :

- Here is a simple test in checking and assessing yourself if ego is strongly at work with you ...if anyone gives you negative comment/s and you feel the pang of pain with such comment.. and you defend yourself and your side strongly and as much as you can ...then you can say EGO IS STRONGLY AT WORK...
- What you can do? Allow people TO BE through their comments and DETACH YOURSELF... HOLD YOURSELF AND YOUR IMPULSE ehhehe... Do not be so attached with it :-)

Have a happy life everyone..:-) Let us all journey together ...Amen:-)

11 comments:

  1. Please do anything you can to buy Dr. Wayne Dyer's book entitled The Power of Intention and find any of his books...it will surely help you in your journey as it did with mine. God bless everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .. the only comment that hit me is when people keep on asking why wala pa mi anak.. they do not know kung unsa amo naagian and what we have done para lng magkaanak. may be they are all concern but it is most helpful if they just keep their mouth shut after one query..hehehe.lahi lahi man jud ang life sa tao..heheheh.obvious,sensi pa ko on this matter.. but me & hubby have accepted na and enjoying what we have..;) .tnx dang for this The Ego post.mwah!...angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello angie dear...i know of someone who has your situation. She struggled hard...almost went into counseling...m glad she is doing alright now ...another one i know that has your situation also..it made them both stronger in their faith...believing that God has a reason...people ask me too why dili pako married...i had difficulty answering at first...but now in my naughtiness i would answer them..."hehehe daghan na man gani nanggawas kaminyuon..ag pugson pa jud ta ninyo pasulod"...and i make fun with it...with myself...but i knew that was just my ego..trying to defend...it is really hard gie...to explain to everyone...but you know full well in your heart you are strongly grounding yourself with God..TRUST HIM...HE KNOWS BETTER...thanks my friend for dropping by :-) love you ever...God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. korek jud dang!! ka remember hinoon ko..one couple nag comment sa amo na lahi ra jud daw naa anak..told them, naglisod man gani mo nga tulo inyo anak.hehehehhe. padugang lng mi sa population sa phils.heheheh.i like your 'in my naughtiness'.. pa kopya ani ha..hehehehe... and i thank God for giving my Husband to me jud.. mura pod mi mga bata..hehehehe..love u dang!!;) angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello ...i cant just hold myself this time replying to you...very tempting and inviting...yes right it gives a different flavor and taste to have kids...but you can put a special flavor to what you have right now...you can't miss a thing having such a beautiful husband hehehe...that's such a wonderful flavor of a journey gie heheh anything can be beautiful gie...you can make it beautiful yourself...your own craft and design hehehe you are in the right place...where you are is where you are supposed to be...enjoy and savor it my friend...:-) miss you jud oi..feels like you are near gie...mwah mwah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really feel well deep inside right now. I am currently in the spell of your main subject in this post. Honestly, a couple of minutes ago I prayed for enlightenment, for wisdom...I opened my blog and saw your photo in the member's corner. I got so interested in knowing who it was. hehehe...ikaw pala Ms. G.

    I found so much wisdom in what you shared here and I must thank you for this. I was actually more or less in the same situation earlier today. I prayed...and surprisingly, someone came to help.

    God is just ever faithful. He works in mysterious ways.

    Thanks again for this post.

    I miss you so much. Amping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello Jake...kahilakon ko imo comment...I saw your post at FB and got into your blog site...i learned lots of good things from your site as to how i could enhance mine. Thanks so much...you are a big help to me too...m glad i was able to extend myself to you in this manner also...I miss you so much...:-( I miss the talks we had here in cdo...I will include you in my prayers...:-) God bless ...I hope to read more of your blogs and your journey their at Niue...amping pud friendship mwah :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. .salamats kaayo dang!! ;) miss u na pod kaayo..miss our talks..mga katawa..hehehhehe..indeed, it's the best-awesome flavor i have dang.. Thank u Lord! Amen!.
    mura jud naa ra ka sa ako atubangan dang..hug-tyt!! hmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. walay sapayan angie dear :-) Thanks be to God:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just would like to share something and this is very important to all of us....
    _____________________________________
    Here is my Facebook Fan Page - Please LIKE me

    Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure.
    Earl Nightingale

    Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    Japanese Proverb

    If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it.
    Jonathan Winters

    Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
    Dale Carnegie

    For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?
    James Allen

    The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.
    Sven Goran Eriksson

    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
    Albert Einstein

    If you dream it, you can do it.
    Walt Disney

    The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.
    Michelangelo

    Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
    Robert Collier

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Maximo...thank you so much for dropping by...I appreciate so much your collection of sayings...an excellent addition to what i have learned...:-) feel free to roam around my blog site...there may be more that you may like to read any time you like...God bless you!

    ReplyDelete