Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One Precious Wedding Ceremony Moment




When I walked through the isle (at the Bishop's house chapel) towards the altar, I did not rest my eyes immediately on my husband's. Instead, I saw the Cross. My eyes and heart automatically captured the feeling of the moment. I was awed and overwhelmed by the gift right before my eyes.

When I got near Mike who was about to be turned over (hahahah) by his father to me, I knew that I would have to be with him for life. Hahhaha I did not think of running away...I just wanted that beautiful moment not to end.


I may be so excited with telling you the next part but then let's have a little glimpse the night before that. I was accompanied by two wonderful very close friends (Lolits and Jinny) that have been treading and doing a side by side "crazy" journey with me in the course of the preparations. In their presence (without them knowing the content) I wrote my personal vows which I was supposed to read in front of God addressed to my dear husband Michael.


The following was my personal statement and vows to my husband :


Michael…through the years that we journeyed…I found a great friend in you…we have been through so many challenges but you never gave up on me…on us…before I give you this ring…I would want to tell you why i made this big leap to marry you…
You have such strong faith in God
You supported me all the way –good times and bad times
You are a mature person

Your love is so strong firmly grounded in God


I promise to be your faithful Christ-centered wife and mother to our future children…I promise to take care of you and them…I promise to love you (and our future children ...again hehehe) and guard this love with my life… :-)


Here is the sort of tragedy...I lost the carefully written copy above before the ceremony and so I said my spontaneous "speech" with trembling and nearly crying voice to my husband...with some sound effect blowing of noses from the the audience...:-) (hahahhaha joke lang). Well, I just saw some red eyes including Michael's (and myself)...:-)


I guess God just wanted me to be spontaneous. He wanted to bring out that natural me before Him and Michael. He is the God of all life's beautiful surprises.

And so if there was that precious moment in that ceremony...it was that moment when He just wanted Michael and I to be ourselves in front of Him saying our vows before Him. I may have said them with my words but there was something in that moment that even words were not even enough to define it.

He is the God who in that moment made His "official" declaration for us to be MAN AND WIFE:-)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations again. God be with you. Enjoy your married life. It's something others like me don't have probably just yet. I want to tell you how lucky you are to be blessed with such calling. I know of some friends who cried in front of me, longing to get to what you are experiencing right now. So treasure it Mrs G!....hehehhe I'm so happy for you -- teary eyed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhaha ellow friendship...with all smile i am writing you this...you are very right...a real blessing gyud...:-) ug Mrs na jud ako beuaty hahahha wala pako naanad ba...mag mantra na ko sa ako new name hahahhaha basin mag damgo nako ani jake oi...Thanks kaayo ...keep on shining ha...i can see you now as one beautiful soul gyud...something that I did not see while you are here in the Philippines...you know what...it is just really now that I see more of you and your beauty as a person gyud...now that we are far...ironical noh but really so true...miss you so much ...ayo2 kanunay friendship heheh God bless

    ReplyDelete