Monday, October 10, 2011

HOLD ON.. STAY POSITIVE


We get misinterpreted a lot of times and sometimes we do the same to others. When we don't reply to text messages. When a person does not show up to agreed appointments. When someone seem not to comply or fulfill obligations ... etc...These things may make us feel hurt and somehow rejected by the silence of others.

The past months brought me painful lessons in dealing with my emotional reactions and responses to situations related to this. It led to a realization that I may not have gotten the response that I desired to get from a particular person but then I made a decision as to how I would deal with it or deal with the silence from the other end ...and more than anything...deal with myself:-)

Take this as an example...

1. Send the text message
2. No response from the other end
3. Mind may roam around possible reasons why the person is not replying
4. Mind may go as far as entertaining all the negatives including the feeling of rejection

You see when you get as far as number 4, just stop. There should be a deliberate attempt to really stop thinking all the gross things that you could imagine about the person. Base on experience, it eats up a lot of your bountiful source of positive energy. If this one consumes you, you loose sight of the beauty that can happen right before your eyes. You have to decide to stop.

A beautiful man named Ignatius of Loyola - a great saint stated something like this thought "when a situation is in doubt, give it your best interpretation".

What can be a possible best interpretation to these situation? At my end, i like toying with ideas. This time includes the choice to be positive with life. The shift to this mindset really helped. What did I do? I ran and roam around in my mind all the beautiful things that the person did to me including all possible things that he / she can do to others during those times when I expected his / her replies to my communications. This way of doing relieved me from many more "paranoid" and stressful thinking. It is a deliberate resistance to think ill of anyone. I find it more helpful and hopeful (...and do you know that to be kind to others strengthens the immune system? hahahha now you know).

Miscommunication can happen. Even the sincerest intent to reach out can be misinterpreted. What counts a lot is that we stay positive with life. We don't limit ourselves to the bounds of technology or the unspoken. We continue living our day despite the mysterious unfathomable silence of others.

We live life ...fully and to the fullest...:-)

4 comments:

  1. Super-duper- correct-tumpak!
    let's stay positive para mo-radiate samot ato Beauty my friend.
    confirmed correct jud dang!

    even grabe pa jud when both are millions apart! kapit jud sa positive energy to the max my friend.. Prayers do a Lot in life.. God will surely guide us. esp. kung pareho sa ato ka kulit dunggon jud dayon ni Lord. and in a snap, answered prayer dayon.. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. churvavels mag panic gyud si God gie hehehe...bitaw...we just stay connected to God...:-) thanks kaayo friendship for dropping by here...mwah mwah God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't have explained it any better! You are right Mrs. G. Things like that should not destroy my day, right? So bring in the positive energy, and celebrate life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Jake ...hehe lingaw ko imo calling me Mrs. G...dang na lang jake ...bitaw thanks so much for following...beautiful...so beautiful:-) God bless you always:-)

    ReplyDelete