Thursday, August 26, 2010

"KINUTIL - TUBA AT ITLOG"

I had a great brief chat with a friend - John this morning. He got sick the previous day so in my attempt to joke with him, I suggested "why would you drink - kinutil - tuba and itlog?". And his reply was "halaka mao na ang amo bonding with my lola". And he had it when he was in grade 4.

Well i am much older than John. I had my share too when i was a kid. A "kinutil" is a combination of "tuba", a native alcoholic (mild yata to) drink that is an extract from coconut tree. Combined with egg and orange soda drink would be such a great therapy plus crackers hahahhahha.

That was how my mama took care of me when i got sick...back in my childhood years. In fact, i fooled mama many times that i was sick to get the treatment of "kinutil". "Kinutil" was equaled to getting my mother's care and love.

When i was a kid i loved getting sick because i got all her attention hahahha naughty kid. But she passed away more than 10 years ago. It was like loosing "kinutil" too. I am not addicted to it ...only from my mother's affection... i miss her badly:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment