Wednesday, June 26, 2019

"INVESTING IN LOVE?"

https://www.istockphoto.com/vector/investing-love-gm165743185-13028120

I had a brief conversation with young people one afternoon this week.  My attention was focused with "Angel" (not her real name...our student leader... I like it so much talking with her).  She mentioned about investing in a relationship with a person.  I suddenly said "when you invest, you expect a return...an income".  

When you "invest" in a relationship with a person, the relationship will become a business transaction.  The questions would unconsciously be "How much will I be getting from this?  What possible return will my relating with this person bring me?  or When will I get a total "return" from my "capital investment".

What followed in the conversation was the fear of pain from where I responded "Pain is part of the package of living.  A lot of young people do not like it that is why some go as far as hurting themselves to stop living".

So, let's go straight to the point and illustrate.  When you invest, you get to expect that the person may return the same to  you.  You may even expect to get more from what you give.  

It is not what love is.  It is simply giving and not expecting any return. It does not yield to justification or explanation why you love.  "You just give, even if it hurts or it becomes very painful, and you give a little more"... It makes you "bleed" to the bones (hahahah gross right).  

It purifies you until you become the best version of yourself (oh divah pang beauty queen ang dating).   Until such time when loving another person becomes natural for you to do  ..until you become the expression of Love yourself.    

Just try it...you will witness it happening...in you...

No comments:

Post a Comment