Thursday, December 25, 2014

My Heart's "True North" This Christmas of 2014

the Christmas mass - December 25, 2014
I was so dead busy for the past months.  And when Christmas was approaching, I was questioning God several times what it truly means.  As I wake up each morning and browse the television, I felt the excitement with songs sang, programs and news trying to inform how busy people are with shopping and where to best buy things - cheap, affordable, durable, colorful, etc.  Even children's excitement are soaring.


One time as I went to the mall to buy for some fancy clothes to wear for the party at work, I was observing everyone so engaged and indulged with shopping.  Decorations and songs played were all about Christmas.  In that instant, I thought, I would feel the same excitement, yet emptiness crept in. I felt not comfortable with it.


I left the mall not being able to buy something.  I resolved not to be fancy at the party.  I focused more on dealing with that feeling which led me to pray harder.  I was desiring for something different this Christmas of 2014.  I desire so much for the non material ones -  simplicity, love, peace, joy, humility, generosity. And  I invited my husband to spend more time to pray with me for our daughter and others.



I wanted so much also for that prayer to come alive.  So when I received some financial blessings at work and from small investment that I and my husband started, we decided to give more to my sick father, pack some simple candy goodies for the kids in the neighborhood and give a cake to a family in the neighborhood.

Furthermore, with my daily character training in giving, I also tried to add some tip to some individuals that helped me out in my research in my post graduate studies.  A lot of times I made some of them so surprised or I would rather say, amazed with what I did but that was just it...that was just my way of thanking God's people that have generously extended themselves in service, too.


I could enumerate more in here, but let me stop by saying that God's grace led me to realize His generosity in my life that I could not resist giving back.  My Christmas has found its true north in the simplest and in silence deliberately resisting materialism and grand celebrations so that it may demand most of my time away from my family. 



The Christmas night, I just prepared a simple dinner and decided to go out walking at night with my daughter and husband and send that cake to Mikaela' breast milk donor named Marsha when my daughter  was yet inside the incubator at the hospital.  I then put my daughter to bed early so that we could hear mass the following day - December 25 (ohhh that's today...this morning).


My journey this Christmas this year of 2014 has not ended.  In fact, it is continuous and daily engraving of character that Jesus himself has shared during his birthday - the Christmas day...with the strong resolve to share the graces of His birth all the days of my life...to everyone:-) 

God bless you all..May you find the truth of Christmas...May we all find God Himself  our true north this Christmas...THE TRUE REASON WHY THERE IS CHRISTMAS...:-)




No comments:

Post a Comment