Tuesday, January 12, 2021

TEACHING WITH DEEP IMPRESSION AND AUTHORITY

" And his teaching made a deep impression on them because, unlike the scribes, he taught them with authority" - Verse 22 from Gospel, Mark 1:21-28

I am currently teaching in a state university  handling Psychology courses.  At times, I get to be invited to facilitate trainings, seminars, now webinars (since they are now done online).  Earlier in my career, I resisted teaching.  However, my career path led me there.  

And, I choose verse 22 in the Gospel of Mark 1L 21 - 28 since it matched well with my being a teacher.  I always get that impression from my students -  deep impression and authority in the field when i started talking.  Perhaps also that's the reason why get frequent invitation.  

What led me into that so - called "authority" in the field.  I did finish the program BS Psychology.  I proceeded Masters in Guidance and Counseling but my PhD detoured to Education.  

I thought at first that I proceeded to Education since I had no other choice at the university where I had the privilege of getting free education since I was one of its employees.  However, when I finished the program, I felt a deep sense of attachment in the teaching profession and even became a Principal of the Senior High School and even went as far as writing a book that became a national best seller in the course Personal Development.  

I never expected it in my entire life.  Not ones in the past did I imagine these accomplishments.  I did not plan my life to lead to where I am now.

And, how does all these connect to the verse in the Gospel?

Jesus, was a teacher and still is continually forming us by His grace and the Holy Spirit present in us,  I feel such connection to him when I pray.  Every time I teach and facilitate trainings or give talks through seminars/ webinars, I feel many times that it is not just I but Jesus in me talking to His people.

So, it is not a deep impression from people for me but for God himself present in me.  The authority in me is not mine but God's.

I am not the one WHO IS THE LIGHT.  It is GOD.  And, I could only feel the awe afterwards at how God amazingly talks to His people through me as His instrument.  

I am forever grateful for this privilege to be His bearer for His people.  All Glory to His Name.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment