Saturday, July 12, 2014

Children Copy Their Moms...


Everyday from Mondays to Fridays, my daughter sees me each morning checking myself on the mirror.  I fix myself in front of her.  And just lately, she does things to herself.  She loves the mirror.  She makes face in front of it, does some peekaboo acts to herself.  climbs up and down the bed with her simple decision making skill such that what to do and how to go about going down the bed finding the exact position that would fit in her "desired" goal.  

Last night I saw her doing the same moves.  There is another thing that I observed though. I guess she was learning from the hard hit down that happened.  She tried to be more careful.  She performed such with precision and certainty.  I thought so many times that my daughter is really smart.  A less than 2 year old child thinking so hard and making such decision on how to go about things.  That in her own little world and capacity is smartness for me.  A mom like myself would shout out loud and would want to announce to the world that simple skill of her child. Oh so wonderful...Thank you God. A child so wonderfully made by Him.

Lastly, the latest that I did were the dance exercises from a downloaded Zumba video at youtube,com where my daughter simply went "wild" (hhhmmm pls dont get me wrong, it was not really that wild) dancing and dancing.  That one worried me since I have such a very slim (yet energetic) daughter but she likes so much to copy mommy.   

Hmmm I ended up with the decision to stop just to make her do the same. Huuh lesson learned.  Mommies can't just do everything in front of children. Right? whehehehe.

PS...that's the reason why I and my husband do not argue in front of her.  She would give us that look in her eyes that she felt the emotion so well...

No comments:

Post a Comment