Sunday, July 27, 2014

Second Birthday of Maria Mikaela

Maria Mikaela at 2 years old

We just had a simple birthday celebration of our little girl.  We wanted it to be just a family thing away from stress and hassles of the preparation.  Unlike during her first birthday that we had it in the hotel after which our little girl got sick.  More than anything, we wanted still our daughter not to get used to something big everytime she will have her birthday.  It would be something that we as parents would want to learn and resist to lavishly spend and for our daughter to grow up frugal and save up for something more important and essential so that she can give and give even more.

Looking back, I saw how my little girl could not really relate with huge celebrations.  I just saw how her eyes were so amused seeing lots of guests.  But I guess she could not tell what was going on.  Everytime i think of how she responded with the previous year's birthday celebration also, still i was tempted to ignore and come up with another huge celebration.  With my very practical husband beside me, I always get to be reminded and refreshed to stay focused and simplify things for us.  Hmmm we thought of a much better use our money such as starting something for an income generating projects and activities.  For my husband delayed gratification was the learning that he passed on to me.  I like that one better than lavishly spending for now and nothing surprising or beautiful to expect at a much later time.

Discipline.  That is how I see it.  Everything at this time is focused on that goal for the family and delay in acquiring stuffs. Amen...Praise God...I am more at learning...this time in my life.  I am more at passing the same to our daughter.  Birthdays even can be celebrated well...intimate...more beautiful and focused to more essential thing...that is for rejoicing and thanking God for giving her another year of her life...after the many challenges that we had since she joined us in our family last July 28, 2012.

I believe God has provided her well.  I and my husband have a lot of reasons to rejoice and be thankful for His provisions and generosity.  Amen.  Praise the Lord:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment