Sunday, August 30, 2015

Greatest Fulfillment of all...being a Mother ...to Mikaela


with my little lady Maria Mikaela

If there is something that brings a lot of joy to me.... it is being a mother. Coming home from work every single work day in a week is a leap of expectation at those beautiful, sharp innocent eyes of my daughter.  As I enter the door, I would reshape myself into a high pitched clown calling her name with body movements such as dancing, shaking of body, waving my hand...and kissing her on the forehead.  A lot of times, when her nursery rhymes are played, I would sing and dance  which she gladly join with.  

And...ooops...even with the intense desire of embracing her, I just can't do that yet, not until I clean up and change my clothes. You see, I always arrive home really hungry, but a lot of times, I forget that just to be with her...hmmm spend time feeding her while I eat, and then dance like a ...again a clown and I love it when the house is bathed with her giggle and laughter...with tears...it truly heals a tired, overworked body ...:-)

After dinner, I see to it that I will be the one to change her clothes ...preparing her for bed...But not just straight to bed.  I spread her toys on the bed including books...I see to it that it's reading and playing time with her until the prayer before bedtime.  

One time after praying the rosary as a family, she stayed in between me and my husband while uttering and repeating the words : mama, papa and baby with her giggles... My husband followed by saying..."she has a concept of ...family". Another time after praying, she brought my hand to her lips and kissed it, place it on her cheek and kissed it again and put it on her forehead and kissed it again.  That gesture ...simply brought me to tears...just the simple joy and fulfillment of being a mother:-)   ...Just the little girl...a beautiful angel that came to us at God's perfect time...

PS...one day...in the future...she will read this...no matter the circumstance...at every step and stage of my daughter's life...she could always come back and read this...that when she came to us...she completed the concept .."family".


No comments:

Post a Comment