Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Profound or Not...I still call it...a "Love Affair" ...

https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613465134

This writing is something very profound for me...and simple...  You see after an intense experience of  months-long live out retreat themed after the life of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the society of Jesus, life has never been the same.  I felt like I have renewed my commitment with life... with God himself - feeling, seeing, doing things with new depth and meaning.

Just recently, a friend( who is still in the process of knowing who and what I am like) asked me if I am religious.  I hastily answered "let's just call it...a love affair with Jesus". I guess i shocked him with my answer.  I felt the same hahha. I felt truly nervous with that. But I can never deny the fact that what I had and went through in the journey was a beautiful friendship and love that I felt, not focusing on the so called tragedies but the presence of a God that simply wanted to make me see more of him.  Now that is something profound.

Whatever my friend meant with being "religious" still I connect with the relationship that I felt growing despite the challenges that I encounter every single day.  Establishing that friendship... hmmm a love affair is in itself a grace that I continue to feel.   Well, if I could only take out my heart and feel less I would do that.  But the thing is, I am never the same.  When God found me back in his arms, I felt like he was telling me..."I will never let you go treading that wrong path, squandering your energy into something else not "useful".  

And so even if that "love affair" meant intensely feeling life...feeling God's heartbeat in everything...I will never trade that for anything.  At the moment, I feel I found the greatest treasure of all...GOD.


I invite you to reflect with me?
1.  Where are you in your journey with God?
2.  Do you feel him today?

Listen...listen...listen...
God's grace be with you!:-) with all smiles and love:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment