Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The "SMALL and SIMPLE"



 http://www.123rf.com/photo_12033028_parenta-s-hands-holding-baby-s-hand.html

I like the most “small and simple”.  It makes life a lot easier.  The irony is that, I have the most tendency to do complicated things.  To plan out complicated ways of doing things.  To multi task so as to accomplish so much within just as short span of time.  And I always find it so tiring pursuit.  Still, a lot of times, I do them over and over again until it breaks me ..health and wellbeing combined.  I become rugged also with how I think until I noticed yesterday that I struggled with they way I said things and presented ideas to my students. 

Actually, I got the title above from a youtube Christmas movie.  A phrase stated by a mother entitled “Tis the Season for Love”  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVfayCmlfyg).  The story goes with the idea of chasing one’s dreams in the city as Broadway performer yet there was a struggle with getting the spot in the show.  When the main character decided to go home for Christmas, she found herself so at home and felt peace with what she was doing.  Special love interest brought her closer to search of finding herself.  And, the idea of the “small and simple “ came in as stated by the mother. 

“The Small and Simple”.  Yes, this one hit my heart so hard.  It always brings me back to the basic.  First application that I thought of is with my students.  I always tell and remind them about using simple words when they deliver their report.  The simple words that would make them be understood by their classmates since they have the tendency to move away from the essentials of the content. 

Second, is in facilitating discussions during workshops, trainings, conferences, etc.  I have to prepare a guide to focus on what is again essential.  I also have the tendency to “roam around” and drift away from the topic.  My skill in facilitating springs from the inner / gut feel that discussion may go far if I don’t do something to refocus or lead the discussion to the right direction.  I just have the inner sense about things to simply focus and look at the simplest and basic.


Lastly, being so busy at work, always reminds me that I have a family to go home to.  A husband and a very playful girl that waits for mommy to play and snuggle with.  For more than 5 months in my current job as a university instructor, exposes me with varied things on the job.  I felt the soaring excitement from day 1 until the moment.  But beyond busy work life on the day to day basis is a reminder …always a reminder that the smallest and simplest that I could do is to go home to my family and just be myself.   The “small and simple” for me is that which is so close to my heart.  Family.  The “Small and simple” …that is where my heart is….FAMILY.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda, kudos on this powerful piece. This one hit home again. :) Looking forward to many more gems of wisdom from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gloria my friend...you are such an inspiration...salamat kaayo...and I feel honored that you dropped by...salamat again ha...hope to see you some time to have coffee and talk, talk, talk:-) God bless you my friend...again i feel honored ...thank you soooo much :-)

      Delete