Wednesday, December 11, 2019

"PERFECTION OF OBEDIENCE..."

I posted this photo on my timeline at Facebook because it led me to think hard of the journey that I had in my search for the will of God.  

My friend Vilma was right with her comment "scary".  I felt the same.  I was asking myself if I would really trust those words said by Cardinal Tagle.  

In fact, what comes first is to find out the will of God.  That alone is quite challenging.  Since his will may be hidden in those most painful experiences that we had leading us to where his will might be or where we should be.  

And there is this term "perfection of obedience".  In the process of the search, a lot of things could happen.  You could derail and go other path.  You could give up and go back.  Or, the path may be too thorny and painful that you could "die" and simply give up.  

Looking back, I have disobeyed God.  Yet, I found myself not giving up.  I found myself still back in His arms.  Really, at my end, I would rather be back to God than be somewhere else other than him.  

Perfection, by human experience, entails lots of practice, discipline and continues grilling to hone the specific skills.  Perfection is a process.  It is not an outright reaching of goal.  It is beautiful to reach the goal to be perfect but we should savor the experience of "purification"  during the process of engagements despite the pain that we experience along the way.

Yes, obedience is an ingredient towards perfection.  Are we really obeying God? Or, am I really obeying God? Am I submitting to such will of God?

God has crafted a special process for each of us.  Definitely, mine could be a lot different from yours but the goal is the same  - perfection of obedience.  Well, I may have found God's will but a lot of times, I do not understand it or not understand God himself.  All I did was to simply submit.  I truly felt helpless.  

Where would I go?  Finding other options is not an option for me.  IT IS STILL GOD that I would choose no matter the darkest clouds that I underwent or may be undergoing in my life (oh God please give me the strength).

I pray for Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle.  He is so full of wisdom.  He has the greatest treasure of all that which he found in his intimate moments with God in prayer shared to all of us.  I am so grateful to God for this beautiful servant of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment