Monday, December 2, 2019

Breaking My Silence - My Journey to Becoming More Intimate with Life...with God

https://www.bluechairblessing.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
Months back my leadership to a group of young people (senior high school) ended.  I admit I was just trying to go on with the sail simply submitting to what was assigned to me at work.  There were several challenges that I encountered such as  being talked about as a "hot topic" during meal time (hahahhaha) by group of individuals, be a simple wife and mom when I get home. 

My life revolved around those themes.  People would ask "what keeps me busy at this time?";  or "Where are you assigned now?", etc.  And I would simply answer them with the new assigned tasks that I had at work (assistant of an administrator and currently still assisting the same boss moving up to a really higher and prestigious position of the university)  and teach a Psychology course at the same time.  

There were moments of "numbness and loss" however, the sail must go on.  The following are the things that I learned :
1.  Silence   
2.  Humility
3.  Simplicity
4.  Focus on the Essentials only
5.  There is no need to have the position if you want to serve
6.  Always anchor in God
7.  Faithfully do your job
8.  Create a balance (God, Family and Work)
9.  Between being right and being kind, always choose kindness
10.  Forgive everyday
11.  Learn like a sponge
12.  Laugh like there is no tomorrow 
13.  Give and give and give a little more (even to stray cats, dogs, frogs, etc... hahahhahah)

The thing is, my current disposition makes me more refined and focused.  I need not announce to everyone what has gone through me at the social media.  When life become simpler, you'll get settled with its simplest expression and the joy of having special people in your life such as family, relatives, students, friends and colleagues  who are so dear to me at this time.  

Working with people like my current boss is like serving God Himself.  You see when you get to work with God, you need not be at the limelight.  God's ways and commands will just make you obey and do things silently to get through the goals of making His goodness known to everyone.  Popularity really is not of God.  One may be popular for doing the good but that should not be the ultimate motivation why we do the good for others.  

I just feel the inspiration and joy of serving God through where I am.  The peace and joy are immense.  Even the pain is seen as a beautiful ingredient to my growth.  I am just so grateful to God for this wonderful grace...which I found in the most intimate moment in Prayer...

Thank you God...

No comments:

Post a Comment