Monday, September 19, 2011

AT LAST

I am getting married soon (less than 2 weeks from now). After almost 12 years in the relationship, I decided to leap into the next phase (I mean...I and Mike, both decided to). During the interview with a priest, we were asked "were there tough times in the relationship? How were you able to deal with them?".


We did have lots of tough times. But then, we only had one very painful break up (one day). It took us some time to recover ( again ...one day break up ...hahhahaha). The priest wasn't able to hold his laughter with that one-day rocky, stormy, nerve wrecking, etc...day. I and Mike did laugh a lot at ourselves remembering this moment. And everytime we try to share this to anyone asking the same question, we get the same response.

So that's it...we are getting married. If you would want to know how we prepared with it... It was not that easy. We had almost 12 years of the preparation process. If others have experienced having break up and was led into having another person to be with, it never happened with us.

I was advised by a number of individuals already to try another guy to at least compare before I finalize pursuing a lifetime with Mike but I simply had that so tough and stubborn grip on us. I simply believe that tough times with mike is no venue to explore another one but to find a way to mend ours so as to grow together.

I wrote in one of my previous blogs that one carefully discerned decision is more than enough to last a lifetime. You see loving Mike made me so free to explore love in a man...only one man. I realize I did not have to do that with many. When I made my decision almost 12 years ago, I knew that I listened well to my heart. I never doubted that time my decision. And so every tough moment was my opportunity to go back to that one carefully molded decision that i made to be with him in our relationship.

Currently, the preparation is not easy. Filipino tradition pressures a couple to invite many. This one i felt at first. But I got used to simply deciding and following my heart. Mike and I share the same language in the simplest and essential. We opted to have it simple, neat, few people, intimate and focus on our vows.

What can be more beautiful than a carefully discerned process to go through a vow before God that brought us together. Hahahhaa if there is that real pressure I feel at the moment, it is God's hand already throwing to us everything and all means for this great moment to happen.

And as I walk the isle...I walk towards my future husband Michael...holding hands with him before our God saying our "I do's" ...witnessed by our families and friends...

Then we can start a new journey as husband and wife...:-) Don't you think this one's worth the waiting we have made? Oh...I am so ready and so excited to take the great plunge of my life ...please join us in prayer :-)

Thank you so much! I promise you ...there will be more blogs to look forward to in here...




9 comments:

  1. Im so happy for you dang!!! ma feel jud nako sa imo blog..every word came from ur heart.. it is my friend.. it is worth the wait!!!
    congrats to you and mike ! God bless... ;)

    hugs and kisses to you! mwa.mwa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks angie dear...so overwhelming gyud...you will really feel it when it is the time...and I feel mine...i mean ...our time hehehe pray for us friendship ha...mwah mwah and hugggiessss :-) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one beautiful blog of mine really moved me to tears...Thank you God :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!!!!......dang at last....hehehehe...dawbe, are we invited???hehehe..........nangutana jud oi....

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is very beautiful Dang.. another journey of your life my friend.. ;)hmmmmmmmm hugssss!!!!.. ;) mwa!! tsuppppppppppp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dang;
    what a great news! Congrats in advance. Perhaps I could be one of those witnesses when you exchange vows! he he he basin available ko ana nga day.Naa ko CDO by Oct. 4

    God bless on your next journey called " Married Life".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to tell all my friends posting their comments in here...thanks so much for sharing the joy with me..hehehe

    To angie : hug hug ehhehe
    To manong boyet : thanks so much hahaha nalingaw ko
    To Andres : m glad you are coming back to the Philippines na but by then when you arrive my wedding would be days earlier and done hehe
    ...but ...I am so glad that again...you are there for me...thank you so much and God bless! My prayers for you also...
    Have a safe trip dres heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ms. G, I felt every word you said. I'm so happy for you. God is always with you and Mike. Mwahhhh...

    While I was reading your post, I remembered the Bishop of Tonga telling us the other night in a workshop to always think of our relationship with God as a decision, not as a feeling.

    As you embrace Mike and Jesus in the sacrament of marriage, just keep in mind that you made the best decision, and that this decision will never be swayed by any feeling. Let this be your guiding light as you begin traversing life with Mike and Jesus.

    I wish you all the best. (I'm crying now...cry of happiness...heheheh) Amping kanunay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jake...kahilakon ko imo comment...you know what..if you are here in the Philippines i would have chosen you to sing for us...thanks to you...from both of us ni Mike...Jake ...you shared such a wonderful advice for us to start with...huhuhu...miss you Jake...praying for you as I and Mike moves on to continue our journey ...this time as husband and wife...God bless you always and ingat lage...:-)

    ReplyDelete