Friday, September 2, 2011

EGO, PAIN AND REDEMPTION


Honest to goodness people? Yes, they frighten me. You know why? They tell the truth. And would say, they hurt me in a lot of ways but it is from them that I learned the most and the most painful truth about me.

I heard goodies about me. I appreciated them also. It boosted my self esteem but then still, i find the challenge with managing, coping, getting over, forgiveness with these "honest to goodness " individuals. Through the years I met many of them in varied shades and styles of approach but the one common thing was PAIN.

Ahh let me talk about it more. I have been digging a book that led me to check my ego and its yearnings and deceiving schemes. I cannot just simply dismiss what I found out. If it bothered me, perhaps, it may bother you also and so we can altogether check ourselves.

Let me just quote this man whose writing slowly tore my ego into small pieces and from whom i was challenged to do better. Though it is kinnndddda hard but if in this manner that i would transcend from a people pleaser person to simply just being me and true to my inner calling then so be it.

The author is still Dr. Wayne Dyer (hahaha if I am so desperate to meet this beautiful man....this beautiful author). He simply stressed on the need to re-align ourselves with our Source (for me ...no less than God Himself). For us to do that is to get hold of the ego and all its demands that bring insanity to the world. Wow...so our egos meeting together is really bringing such big imbalance to the world. For nature has its own course including our very own. What we are doing is that, we are putting "poison" to the world through our egos (hahahha great realization).

So what is that so-called "poison" and imbalance are we bringing? Self-importance...tsks tsk...according to him quoting another author " self-importance is man's greatest enemy". We all want to feel special right? In fact I believe that I am special and important. A lot of people made me feel that. But I got caught up with my bloating ego and I realize and as I craved for more in my life in everything, I became unhappy.

According to him though, " it is essential that you have a strong self-concept and that you feel unique. The problem is when you misidentify who you truly are by identifying yourself as your body, your achievements, and your possessions. Then you identify people who have less as inferior, and your self-important superiority causes you to be constantly offended in one way or another."

There must be something that I should do. I was searching for answers and it was through Dr. Dyer's book that I got the answers such that he gave Seven Steps for Overcoming Ego's Hold on You.

1. Stop being offended
2. Let go of your need to win
3. Let go of your need to be right
4. Let go of your need to be superior
5. Let go of your need to have more
6. Let go of identifying yourself on the basis of achievements
7. Let go of your reputation

So great job of a man that has dealt with himself working so hard detaching from his ego and so free in interacting with people regardless of what they say. In one of my previous blogs entitled JUST ONE PERSON, I mentioned that it only takes one person to learn character and values and I call them my "teachers". Teaching me to be strong, to detach from myself, to listen intently to what they say regardless of content so that I may be able to harvest something of value for my person.

Ahhhhhhhh ...ego...man's ego. I did not really mind about this before. But when they led me to restlessness and questioning, I was able to find out something of value to me and may be to you?

How is it as a starter this week? Hahhahahahhahaaaaaaa Can we all slowly learn together from this? Let's journey together. And even if we stumble and fall, let's bolt in, REDEEM and help each other up.

We can understand and resonate for we are all standing in the same ground...:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment