Monday, September 19, 2011

JUST SOME CRAZY THERAPY:-)

I went out of the office for a while just to gather myself before I plunged into the day's work. I strolled the short distance and got inside a small bookstore. I did not know what I was there for. As I approached the shelves, I saw this coloring book :

You may think this one is too childish but i just bought this coloring book anyway together with a box of crayons. As soon as I got back in the office, I spent time coloring the first page. One of my officemates that saw it picked one crayon and colored the cap of one cartoon. Another officemate that got in marked his rating with my coloring prowess. Without bias... I was given a 100% with an unfinished "business" (hahahhahahah). I was having fun while were having some brief discussion about what I did while the other one instructed me to just follow one stroke while coloring (big woooooowwww and great fun ha).

In the afternoon, our Vice president dropped by, saw the coloring book and browsed it. I told him that i just bought it for "therapy" (hahahahhaha great defense). He was not surprised at all ( i guess). He saw the natural "color" already of the kid (hahahhahaha again).

I recall joining a meeting packed with intelligent beings. All of them ready to dissect the one person presiding. I thought this has always been a pattern of each one throwing "fires" to each other and I ended up going out of the meeting room drained.

I really don't know how I got into the idea of buying coloring books but i bought more than one after that and distributed them to my seatmates during the next session. When it started, we stayed at the back, and started coloring while listening. And while the people in front were into some heated discussions, I felt the fun of my some sort of a"crazy therapy" together with my seatmates just to divert the tension. I tell you, it did pretty well that time also just holding myself and my temper.

Here is a suggestion. The next time you may be looking for diversions during some stressful situations, perhaps you would consider getting a coloring book for the simple amusement of the child in us. At this point, I would say it is not only for the kids. It is for adults, too...for the child inside each adult (hahahhaha...but please don't do it during meetings...don't follow what I did:-) )

PS : ...After I finish coloring mine, I will explore other coloring books...Join me and let us have fun, fun time :-0 hehehehhe

5 comments:

  1. Hi Dang;

    nice therapy. Great fun too. I was even relaxed reading this. :D

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Andres...thanks...you will fun gyud...try it gani ...hahhaha m placing my coloring book beside me in case i would need it to detour for a while ...thanks kaayo:-)

    Cheers din...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tnx for this dang.. i will try pod kay makadivert jud og attention and makawala og sapot..heheheh
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahhaha right jud angie dear...go go ...let's have some fun together...:-) regards friendship hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea. I wish there are coloring books here in Niue. hehehe...we'll see.

    ReplyDelete