Wednesday, September 28, 2011

LET GO AND LET GOD



It was two years ago when I first stepped New York City. After two weeks in the city, I decided to go to Connecticut, a state near my location. I had to use the subway to find my way which I found the complete opposite. I got lost. I was carrying the map and I felt like I was just hopping from one station / stop to the next.

But then the inner drive was to find my way. As I scanned my map, a stranger just stood in front of me (so near my face) and asked me where I would want to go…He instructed me step by step and as I moved up the next level of the subway through the stairs, I decided to just check if he was still there behind me…and yes he was just there standing with his full support and tried to give me his beautiful smile as if waiting for me to settle and be on my track…

I was so amazed. There was no hint of fear that crept. Even the nearness of his face on mine brought some light and peace burning inside. I felt helpless when I got lost in the subway but, was well taken cared of by someone I do not know and from where he came from.

It did happen a lot of times when I was in the so vast and strange city of New York. I thought angels can be everywhere. I cannot assign any name to that stranger except - an ANGEL.


How come, I did not have much of those moments in the Philippines? Well I know that we would find God’s strongest intervention in our helplessness. He comes in different forms and shades of help. Helplessness of man is God’s shining moment. If we dare see it (it is by His grace that we see Him at work also).

Oh going back to the question …Philippines is my home….and so at home. I did not have to struggle a bit of finding my way. I felt at times or perhaps I exuded that sense of not needing God in a lot of ways since I didn’t ask much of His help. I felt so in control…and had so little space for God.

Really, when we feel so mighty and manage everything about our lives in a day and everyday…we forget allowing God to come in and occupy that “management” role of our lives. We plan, implement, live our day as if He does not exist (hahahah even do things as if He or no one is watching).

But you know what?... in those moments when I just felt helpless…I felt Him so strongly at work. And I am beginning to love it that way. Seeing my weakness and helplessness to make lots of space and room for my God to just move and experience lots of surprises. He does a lot of times to those that simply trust. 

For a person so in control, this is something so absurd. But I would just say…let go and let God…
…one last thing…take a look at this :

Good Morning,
This is God.
I will be handling
All your problems today
I will not need your help
So Have a miraculous day.

…beautiful isn’t it?

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful indeed. I had a similar post about allowing God to take control in our life, but it was more about obedience. This post is like looking at it from a different point of view. You are saying that those times of helplessness are graces from God as they remind us that we are not all knowing and mighty as He is. Thanks for this post. I'm deeply humbled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jake...thanks for dropping by here again...hehe it took me a while to be able to pick up myself after such a wonderful celebration and major change of my life. And here you are inspiring me more ...Thank you so much...you are very right with your comment...and you got them so well...so we just allow God to be be so free to come in our lives right...hehe Thanks again...God bless mwah

    ReplyDelete
  3. tama dang!BEAUTIFUL blog.. hmmmmm.mwa!

    there are moments when we are so helpless and all we could do is to look above and let go of the emotions.. God is always in control in our life.. and He will always send us 'ANGEL' to help us in our needs..
    My life is also a living evidence of God's divine providence and power!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ange...wow that's a wonderful thing having experienced God's providence...:-) it is such a joy sharing here God's power and goodness...we all Glorify Him:-) thanks gie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Dang,

    You're inspiring me during my lost days.

    he he he.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dres...thanks kaayo ...just read your comment here...i am glad i am able to share at least a little of me...to you...thanks again...ha...amping ug ayo2 kanunay...God bless!

    ReplyDelete