Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I Call Him "KUYA LANDO"


What I see in this photo is a "POWER OF PRAYER":-) couldn't say more:-)
  
Let me put this writing now.  I just feel that NOW is THE TIME to release this.  You see I happen to meet a man, a servant of God that has influenced and inspired me in my youth to serve God.  I promised him a year or 2 years ago to write about him from where he sent me his overwhelming resume este written lengthy biography that he submitted in one of his projects during his studies in the United States.  I started framing and summarizing everything only to end up with a computer that bogged down and what followed next was I lost everything (sorry kuya lan...peace wheheh).  I was so frustrated at first but then I just feel that I will write something as natural as recalling how he was to me when I started in my faith journey towards finding a God that has so blessed me in so many ways.

His name is Rolando Mesias. Those younger than him call him “Kuya Lando”.  He founded a Catholic Charismatic Youth Group named THE SOWERS FIELD COMMUNITY (together with a group of other young men and women back then) in 1985 at the Cathedral in Cagayan de Oro City Philippines.  Since he founded the community, he never had any employment experience (despite his desire to really join the work force) such that he focused all his energies in giving spiritual formation to many  young college students and professionals from where I was one of its fruits. 

Years have passed and this Catholic Christian Community grew in terms of memberships.  The same bore fruits of many religious vocations.  Priests and religious nuns  have grown in number through the years.  It has also formed many brothers and sisters that have gotten married and have lived good Christian lives making their families as examples to wherever they are. 

Years have passed also when “kuya Lando’s” faithfulness in his service to God was blessed with his much awaited employment as manager of a cooperative.  This same experience brought him out of the country through a scholarship at Ford Foundation.  Before he got that scholarship he got married also to a wonderful woman named Rizalee Tubac  and were blessed with three children (all boys).  Though he’s not anymore directly involved as head servant of the community since he is currently working as a General Manager to another big cooperative in Davao City, Philippines, he still maintains true and faithful to his commitment through his skills in facilitating discussions via online particularly the Facebook page of the Sowers Field Community from where I found him very active and so alive. 

Currently, our Catholic Charismatic Christian community, the Sowers Field may have struggled in so many ways yet, it is still sustained by God’s Spirit through the effort  of many committed brothers and sisters that have worked so hard for it to continue in its service to young people, professionals, married couples and their children.

If there is someone that I would want to thank God in my formation as His young servant it is this man whom I call Kuya Lando.  His dedication and him being God’s instrument in the formation of many young individuals.  It was from him that I felt being entrusted to deliver God’s message through the community’s teaching team.  It was from him that I felt appreciated for the talent that I have in writing when he asked me to post my blogs at Facebook.  He was one of those that  motivated me to continue writing positive messages.  And…I couldn’t thank him enough for his motivation and his indirect shepherding in my Catholic faith and journey with God.

Thus, I feel that Kuya LANDO has inspired so many individuals – brothers and sisters in the community to continue serving God.  Such is a BEAUTIFUL LEGACY  that this one man has contributed to us who up to this time has thrived in God’s service in so many different forms and ways.  THANK YOU SO MUCH KUYA LANDO:-) MAY YOU CONTINUE TO PROSPER IN YOUR ENDEAVORS:-) GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY …ALWAYS:-)

PS…
-          There was not a single leader in the community (sorry to say that) has driven me to maximize and exhaust my energy in God’s service in my youth other than him.  Even with his temper (wahahahah, he has his way of really motivating us to really serve God:-)…truly he has my honor and respect as a TRUE LEADER)
-          Even as I finished my writing, I feel that I have not thanked Kuya Lando enough yet I feel God has blessed him so much and beyond measure…:-)care off ko na lang kay God …whehehhhe…that’s my prayer for him and his entire family:-)
-          Kuya Lando told me ones in the past that he will write his biography… hmmm …I feel that it would be more complete than my writing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dang, I don't have the exact words as a reaction to the feature about me. I felt honored and appreciated as you acknowledged the things I have contributed to church and society (in my own little ways).

    I don't have anything to boast. What I did was in the name of service and Love for our Lord, as I myself was struggling to love, serve and have faith in him. Not just believing but FAITH-because it is faith that allows us to trust.

    You are right, that though I am not physically present in the Community because of another higher calling, I made myself felt in the on line group.

    The root of service is love of God.Whenever we are, whatever is our present status in life, if we love God, we do whatever we can do to express our love for him.

    To be a leader is a calling. Like any other vocations, it is a lifelong commitment. I delight in influencing and motivating people, not that I become famous, but they too may find the spirit of joy in reaching out to others.

    Thank you for your nice comments about me and my family. Continue to pray for us, that we may not fall short from God's expectations. And that the presence of Christ be felt by others through our active faith.

    You are right, I will be writing my "Life Story" if God permits. I have three simple dreams in life (influenced by a great Filipino statesman-Carlos P. Rumolo), "To plant a tree, marry and write a book."

    The trees that I planted with the Community around "kagayhaan park" was washed out by Sendong last year. Of course I am now married,but the book is still in the can.

    God bless you Dang.Warm regards to the family.

    "Kuya Lando"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome kuya lan...kahilakon ko padayon gyud:-) God is with you...you are a good influence to all of us in the community:-) my prayers are with you and family:-)

      Delete