Friday, January 11, 2013

Just My Time To Relax



(…after celebrating my birthday this 2013… Praise God…amen)





My daughter is now asleep.  She is so asleep that I am able to enjoy my moment.  I started turning on the television and placed one of those old movies entitled Notting Hill starred by Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant in the DVD player.  I prepared my coffee, ate some dinner and just allowed myself to be while watching the film.  I admit it is so relaxing.  This is just one of those mom’s joyful silent moment.  I call it a real good opportunity and time to be just with myself.

The movie I am watching has been played over and over again in the past so I need not have that really deep thinking to analyze it.  So I tried to hop in  my computer  to encode this article. 

So what has been with me lately.  I just celebrated my 39th birthday 2 days ago.  Something that I did not expect to really have guests in the house.  You see the last Christmas and new year’s holidays made me so busy hopping from my “mommy responsibilities” to my baby girl to being a wife to being a student plus dealtwith some concerns with my part-time / consultancy job.  I just sort of did some exhibitions with everything.  But by God’s grace I am able to do that. 

I just love this time to relax with myself and relaxing can mean doing what I love doing also that is writing.  Oh I miss so much doing this.  I miss so much jotting just anything on my computer screen.  But then,  I admit I am doing everyday other than writing the most wonderful “jobs” of a mother.  That is nurturing a baby.  Oh I love so much …more than anything in this whole world being able to love and affect in anyway I can through my baby (hehe oops other than my husband:-)).

So I think of this moment as a gift for a mom.  I just felt that when I placed my daughter on the bed I realized how I could have the rest of the time to pick up.  What are those that I would want to pick up?  A lot such as :

1.     Decide and choose to have the time for myself.

Perhaps those moments that I was so drained and tired was giving me the message already to keep in touch with myself. And I did not have that time to seriously consider  the “fancy” that I could be able to give with myself if I just allow that special time with myself ( hahahhaha now I am beginning to realize I have been stating this same thought over and over again in this article geezzz).

2.     Eat the right kinds of food

Lately I just allow myself to eat whatever there is on the fridge or whatever available food we have to cook.  I have been plunging into eating a lot of meat lately.  Though I feel trimmed physically already but it has been a concern for me when I got constipated after I delivered my baby.  So I thought eating more fibrous food and digesting or chewing my food well would greatly help and to really be more conscious with the eating the right kinds of food.

3.    My 39th Birthday

An old friend of mine asked me once if age is an issue for me.  What he meant was that if I am comfortable when I am asked about how  old I am.  I told him that I don’t have any problem with it.  But as I age, I felt otherwise.  I seem to be uncomfortable  when asked about age.  So to help myself deal with it, I feel that writing and divulging it through my blog site.  This I feel at this time also would greatly help me deal with my sort of “insecurity”.  Another way of dealing with it is to tell myself that “age is God’s grace… age reminds me of God’s gift…my life…being alive for 39 long years”.  That is so beautiful isn’t it?  So for me being uncomfortable with it is being uncomfortable with the ONE giving it.  A denial of the generosity of God:-)...ouch...

4.     My Faith

 I was told the other day that the theme for this year – 2013 is the year of Faith.   This is an armor that I need to put on and be my shield for this year.  This is the grace that I was allowed to feel last January 1, 2013.  This is now my  guiding principle as I continue through this year.  Faith in Someone known that is God.  Faith in Him that something unknown for me may take shape and happen.  Faith that something beautiful can happen for those that simply – Believe.

5.     Self confidence

A lot of times in the past, I had an ego –based confidence.  What do I mean by that? Ego-based is mainly based on the self.  This type of confidence is self-reliant and does not acknowledge Someone higher than the self.  The self anchored on God is  courageous such that even in the midst of the many challenges and acknowledging the feeling of fear yet feels that God is the strong shield.   This is what true self-confidence is.  And in triumph one embraces humility acknowledging that God is his / her source of victory.

Truly this time for myself is one of the best moments I have.  This is just  my moment to sort of re-shine myself.  Thank you God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment