Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I Was Reminded By My Daughter Not to Take Life Seriously...



 
One day I was left alone with my daughter.  All of a sudden she defecated and I had to clean her up.  And oh I panicked at seeing lots of it that I had to double my effort and make my moves faster than the previous one.  Another thing was I had to apply a new “strategy” (hahaha as if something so big) so as she won’t be able to touch any of it.  “Oh what a challenging task I have”  …that I thought. 


And so I started cleaning her up.  I just felt that she might have sensed my panic.  She looked at my eyes straight giggled and giggled and played with her hands attempting to touch down.  She did that several times over with her cute way  of “flirting” with mommy (hahahha) while I panicked and tried to take her hands out.  And all of a sudden I realized how my daughter just had such wonderful time and fun at that moment while I resisted and refused to join her.


Then I thought and asked myself “how many times have I been so rigid and just went on at finishing some tasks without considering that there can be fun even in the most difficult or challenging situations”.  It was just that simple task and I thought I simply missed the fun and bonding with my own “little lady”.


I remember one job interview I had.  I went straight to that event anxiously and got in first among others.  Minutes after, applicants / interviewees came one after the other and sat beside me lining up as anxious as I was.  As I was waiting for my turn, I had a chance to talk at one of them and realized that I started to loosen up and had fun.  Then I simply blurted to the other applicant “why can’t we just simply have fun…having this opportunity to be interviewed is already a reward in itself.

You see…for me… rather than focus on  fear ,  why would we then choose to enjoy such encounter with different individuals like the applicants and the panel.  I don’t want to lose site of the beauty and fun of having to meet different individuals.  The point was I simply wanted to have fun whether I would get the position or not. 


Life does not end with being refused of something.  We are not deprived of something when we don’t get what we aspire.  It means there is something much better for us and I am very open to “the much better offer” than settle for something that is not really meant for me.  Perhaps I just learned so much from life.  From its plain and simple flow.  That is not to really struggle anymore. 


Accept and move on is something so beautiful that I learned and…to simply enjoy life… that I was being reminded  from my own beautiful daughter.  Thank you God…her innocence reminds me so much of …YOU…:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment