Monday, April 22, 2013

From Being YOUNG and RECKLESS...to Being...WISER:-)




https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=wisdom+photos
When I was younger I was so idealistic and reckless.   Idealistic for me means following what is ideal, what is supposed to be even if not really acceptable by the values of the majority.  Reckless means that I react outright to whatever was contrary to what is ideal. 

I remember having to represent a group that told me about their complaints.   After that I ended as if I was the offended party and the one labelled as the problematic one.  I realized that I could have facilitated instead so that those individuals would have done it themselves.  And so I ended up regretting what I did.  Well, I was young, aggressive and so generous with my help. 

As I aged a little, I was more “careful”.  Careful meant more of listening and discerning before I acted on something.  Obviously I learned my lesson and I learned the hardest way. 

Let me talk about wisdom.  They say that wisdom is gotten from a learned experience.  For me learning means being able to “open” one’s consciousness to something new after a painful  experiences including all the happy and joyful experiences we have.  

Let me share my moments of gaining wisdom:-)

I was wiser

....when after the death of my mother I realized I could still go on with life and that there is still meaning to life and living. 
.... to realize that staying single did not really mean that I had no choice to be happy.  
...when I risked leaving my 10 – year job as guidance counsellor in order to embrace the invitation to travel abroad.   
...when I submitted myself to the painful grilling of a Jesuit priest that processed me through a live out 19th annotation retreat. 
... when I started putting into writing all my insights and share them to you my readers in this blog sight without minding at all whether you would agree with me or not
...when I realized that I had to let go from the comfort of my single life and take off that shield and leap into married life. 
...when I left my job and chose to take care of  until  I delivered my fragile little girl. 
...to realize that I could not please everyone.
...to realize that some individuals may be threatened by my wise, honest and matter of fact answers to the questions during job interviews
...to realize that my younger years have become my training ground to becoming who I am…
...to realize that I would rather shut up my mouth and listen rather than arguing my point and having to prove to others that I am right
...when I realize that I have to stay on the ground and embrace humility in the midst of abundance and success  never to attach myself with accomplishments and titles. 

And…I am NOW WISER… to realize I need God even more and that everything that I have right now is a gift and thus, I continue to share…and share…and share…

And …it is wise to realize that there are a lot more to learn from life …hmmm this is not to exemplify that fact that you can share with me your wisdom to life so that I may grow tooJ  …right friendships?

Thanks for being here my very wise friends:-0 God bless you all:-)


PS...let me highlight ...HUMILITY...as the key to gaining ...GOD'S WISDOM:-)...will you take the challenge with me?  I may be struggling but by God's grace...I am doing it:-) ....hmmm but still struggling hahahhaha mwah mwah

4 comments:

  1. mam :) june balingit..i,.share nko ha sako frend :) this is so perfect for her too..thank you always for inspiring us..see you around and hugs to ur baby girl...amping kanunay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello mam June:-) sure pls share this article to anyone...you need not ask my permission...the moment you do it ...you are giving yourself too to them...thanks for dropping by ha...miss you so much and the those brief moments we had para maka share lang bisan unsa about life:-) God bless you mam:-) continue to be beautiful inside and out:-) I am so happy nga nakatuod ra gyud ka sa ako blog site heheh mwah mwah

      Delete
  2. you are such a cute and witty girl when i met you... yet your being witty before was just, i guess, a covering of your real self... it's normal of course that we have to cover up our true self for us to be accepted by anyone(group or individual).
    today i am happy seeing you reveling your true self.. your realization in life and most of all your dedication of yourself to your creator...
    continue doing what is good and i am just following you in secret.. i am happy of your achievement...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello ...thanks for following me (in secret)..it is an honor...i am so glad we have met...i hope i did not embarrass you in any way that time hehe..thanks for the "cute and witty" comment ...but I thank you even more for seeing me now beyond that "revealing your true self"....such a great challenge and a work in progress...GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS:-) you are such a BEAUTIFUL PERSON:-) KEEP ON SHINING YOURSELF:-)

      Delete