Tuesday, August 6, 2013

“For I Shall Not Pass This Way Again"

google.com photo
One day my husband scheduled himself to go somewhere but was held by our daughter’s loud cry.  He then picked her up with the following statement :    I decided to stay and just cuddle Mikay (our daughter Makaela)…one day in the future…we will not be able to do with her what we are able to do now”.  Exactly…shall I put a little drama in it by quoting this line…”for I shall never pass this way again”.     

We do shower our daughter with our love and care and we have seen she blossomed into a very happy baby.  She simply spreads her sunshine of giggles and smiles anytime awake or asleep.  She looks at you as if you are the only person in her world at each moment she rests her eyes on you.  She looks at  you like she wanted you to pick her up and just play with her.  She mumbles and responds as if she is talking to us while we talk to her about anything.  She is such a beauty and so perfect as she is.  And I thank the Lord everyday for sharing such a beautiful innocent soul to us couple. 

You what I fear the most and is something that I refuse to admit to myself?  It is to die young and not being able to see my daughter grow up, have a career and get married or whatever vocation she my pursue (hmmm daddy fears that she will join religious life hahahha).

Buuut, let me not go far from the title.  Let me not think or be afraid of death.  Let me just look at my moments with our daughter.  As my husband responded with his moment with our daughter by wrapping her in his arms, my time with Mikaela is so precious that I could not just trade it with any other moments outside of the home (hmmm except work).  Do you know that I hop into or run after a jeepney to be able to get a ride fast home?  I do not mind at all doing that.  I just want to be with her at night and put her to bed.  What is so touching  is that she waits for me to be home (no matter how tired she is) before she dozes off to sleep (ohhh my lovely little lady).

I almost forgot we do pray the rosary together before she sleeps.  And  when she is too tired,  I continue to pray while she sleeps soundly in my arms.

Hmmmm.  Let me do it now… for my family…for my dear daughter…”for I shall not pass this way again…” J



No comments:

Post a Comment