Thursday, September 19, 2013

"At The End of the Day"

The following was an article that i wrote as one of the requirements in my post graduate studies based from the article written by Francis Kong....


I find the article very heartwarming.  “At the End of the Day”…what is it that really matters?  A  student asked me “why are you here in this school ma’am?  Why are you teaching?”  A colleague has told me “with your qualifications you could climb up the ladder of leadership”.  Hmmm.  First, I answered the student “I just want to teach”.

 And the other colleague “ with the complicated process, I guess found out what really matters for me at this time…that is to go home to a family – my beautiful husband with his embrace and my beautiful girl that innocently responds with her intense desire through her eyes to be embraced everytime I get home”.

In my current work, I am assigned to teach and do counselling at from mid day to 8pm.  And when the clock strikes 8:00pm, I would rush at the school gate to time out so that I could get fast ride home.  At the jeepney I would excitedly “daydream” of my family, pray for their safety, and scan so many beautiful views in my mind.  Sometimes they would lead me to tears. 

Truly since I got married, I felt a sense of distaste with competition.  I have encountered a big re-routing such that I found more contentment with my family life than the glamour of competitions and promotions so desired and ran after by many.  I shared with one of my professors that I once had a chat with that I have found more meaning with what I am doing than the life I once had related to career and profession.

I found myself silently treading my path and balancing my life right now.  There is more life that is  commitment with family, spending and “waste” a lot of time with them.  I rarely even go out with friends.  I realized how my life has found its true anchor in love through my family.  But, I could not totally reject the older one because it has become my point of learning.  It has become the basis of comparison and a springboard to finding a much better meaning to where I am right now. 


I can never trade what I currently have with any wealth in the world.  And as I found God to be my ultimate and true rest at the end of the day,  it is my husband and little girl that has become my venue of extending my “rested and in love heart”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment