Friday, September 20, 2013

God Painted that Beautiful Smile on My Face Through...

http://thelivingtruthfellowship.org/jtltf/ministry-news/211-you-are-now-free-to-move-about-your-face-and-smile

The other day I found myself wearing that beautiful smile on my face while I walked away from my second to the last class in the afternoon.  Yes, it was my students and the fulfilment at having served them even in that 15 to 20 minute discussion in class before they plunge into their activity writing.

I was a full time guidance counsellor for 10 years in the university (high school department) and taught part time in the graduate school particularly the subject career guidance.  It was just last July 2013 that I joined the department of education for teaching.  I found myself adjusting with the school environment.  But more than anything I adjusted more being out from the house and away from my dear daughter from lunch time to 7pm.

I feel that I sacrificed a lot being away from my daughter but I feel the merit of that everytime I feel that fulfilment when I engage in the classroom.  I have never felt more fulfilled in my professional life than what I have now.  And that one class encounter where I was all sweat in that very hot classroom of Grade 7 students in a public school where I am currently working.  And where there was lots of laughter and giggles from my students while we teased one 12 year old boy and I commented “you are cute… very cute and…and smart” brought that beautiful smile on my face.

Fulfilment does not really come from the grandest of position, salary or popularity but from the simplest of life’s encounters such as that one “little boy” that moved my heart and painted that beautiful smile on my face.


PS....i told my husband one night “ do you notice that i don’t really complain much lately? It is because...I feel that I am doing the right thing...for others”...SERVING GOD’S INNOCENT ONES

1 comment:

  1. The priceless things that make a teacher happy. Advance Happy Teacher's Day Mrs G! -Jake

    ReplyDelete