Thursday, September 19, 2013

"Happiness is a Choice"

The following was an article that I submitted as one of the requirement in my post graduate studies....an article that we were asked reflect upon..written by Francis Kong, one of my favorite writers.
http://happinessaddicted.blogspot.com/2011/05/stumbling-on-happiness.html

When I read the article entitled “BEING HAPPY” it linked me to a learning that I started to embrace and espouse a long time ago – that HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE.  It has not escaped my attention hearing people everyday complaining about a lot of things.  From low salary, intense and erratic weather, too many work loads, too many bills to pay, misunderstanding with members of family and a lot more up to big concerns of the country and the world.

The author shared that happiness is a by-product of living a godly life.  I cannot disagree in such statement for a godly life for me is the ultimate purpose for which  we are placed in this world for.  It means we have that ultimate calling for us to fulfil.  Submitting to it would mean joy and happiness.  Yet we are caught with so many distractions in a day.  A lot of times we are derailed from our purpose and path.  That is why we see a lot of people who label their life as UNHAPPY  - discontented and unsatisfied. 

Yet still I contain with what I am embracing right now.  HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE.  I might not be able to change or alter my situation but have a choice as to how I would interpret, perceive or look at a situation.  Even my feelings can change.  I have a control to it and  how I would manage it.  I cannot escape from its natural spurts yet I have a say as to how much of it would creep unto me.  I cannot be a victim to my own situation. 


I can declare happiness even the most painful situation and I have a God that gives me the strength and the grace not to be consumed by life’s usual concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment