Monday, April 28, 2014

My Taste of the "Summer Sun" of 2014



A moment ago, I felt that I must be lost somewhere not being able to start writing for almost a month.  Uninspired …that’s how I call it.  Yet looking back, there have been moments of it that I did not dare capture.  Either I became too lazy or that I may be thinking too hard that none of them seem to matter at the thought level.  At this point, I still feel the same.  But why am I writing?  It is for the reason that, I feel empty, lost and unable to define my situation. 

Is there something wrong with me?  That was my latest question?  Did I care so less at the moment?  Since summer vacation has started, my world has become “I, my daughter and my husband” .  But I do admit, my husband has been most of the time off the picture since I feel so much weight and demand from my daughter especially during her most painful teething moments.  When she just cries or wails in the middle of the night because of the discomfort. 

I feel her pain.  I struggle seeing her that way.  While we try to comfort her and apply honey and lately the gum gel to soothe  and comfort her, I feel really challenged in terms of patience.  While my daughter was in her bouts to recover and doze off to sleep.  Sometimes she sleeps in my arms from where I find her much heavier than the previous months.  Even then, the thought of enduring it with the statement “ mothers don’t just give up, they stand up for their children”.  And I get to remind myself that one. 

Huh…I almost forgot that it is summer vacation of 2014.  If others have shed off some skin at the beach or roaming around the mall or have some vacation somewhere else, I decided to stay close with my daughter.  I only get the shades and spread of sunshine from her beautiful charming smile when she got over with her discomfort.  And a lot of times, she gives me her hugs, touch on my face with her tiny hands and sometimes she pats my back.  Hmmmm mommy getrs defeated with that.  That is my weakness.  A spark of the sunshine of relief from her face after her discomfort.  My taste of the summer sun of the year 2014…all from my daughter’s charming smile and cute way of comforting me. 

Thank you God….And thank you for my ever dearest very patient husband:-)

1 comment:

  1. Mekaela is your sweet therapy after your stressful day. You are indeed a happy and a proud mom.

    Congrats to you my friendship.

    ReplyDelete