Monday, April 20, 2015

For My Students...I am Their Plain...Friend, Comic Teacher:-)...and a Lot More:-)





with my very creative Science Class students from the Grade 8

Looking back, I stopped with post graduate studies for 5 years thinking I could not see myself in such direction.  There were lots of uncertainties and lack of meaning to what I did.  But when I engaged in public service, I thought of finding more meaning everytime I see the eyes of my students who were so hungry of learning - the concepts and stories that I shared with them which ignited me to very creative displaying my comic face, funny voice, stretched arms...."action stories" which cause my students to giggle, laugh, etc.  To them, I am their "comic " teacher.  To them, I am just their plain, simple, funny teacher.

When I told them before the school year (2014-2015) ended that I will be graduating soon, one innocently blurted " you have not finished college ma'am".  I just laughed at it and told them that I was into another higher course.  And the class' fun continued...

the best card design
I like to be known to them as a teacher without those other "flowers", with that my students will be at home with me. I feel the same to them, too.

As I teacher, I have varied ways of presenting and facilitating learning in class such as discussion of concepts, hands-on activities where they create crafts, do some group presentation such as drama, business proposals for those who prefer putting up their business over simply becoming an employee and multiple intelligence type activities.


after the Business proposal presentations of the Grade 7 
But the most fun, fun, time we had was when they had to read their love letters to their parents, friends or special someone where they are allowed to express themselves to their crushes or boyfriend at that (if they have).  The reading for parents was very dramatic,  I witnessed several of them shed tears for their love and gratefulness for their parents or when they have not seen them for a long time and were longing to have them back or the pain at not being taken cared of.  Well they went really wild when they read letters to their special girl or gentlemen in their lives.

At my end, I feel so much for them.  You see, I find them like my own children who would expect so much from their own mother. AT my end I don't want to fail providing them as far as I could to satisfy that hunger for learning.  Even to that extent when I use myself just to animate them in class... And find it meaningful and really fun...:-)






No comments:

Post a Comment