Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Coffee Time



The Ignatian Pedagogical Paradigm of Jesuit Education (char lang grabe ka serious ang introduction) gives 5 steps to introducing an experiential learning cycle made available for students facilitated by trained educators...Such steps are as follows : Context, Experience, Reflection, Action, and Evaluation.

Wait lang...as in super doooper waahhhhahahahah...so how does my coffee time connect with the Ignatian Pedagogy? It is just that context defines how something is being applied to a particular or actual situation. It is like that of an operational definition in research. And so Coffee time in my context refers to my moments of love - spending time with loved ones and talk about anything (the rest of the pedagogy shall be explained in some future time when new context would arise and the drive of the Spirit and that of my friend Iggy...este St. Ignatius would bring it further to an inspiration of expounding it more in my other life's context hahahha kasabot mo? hahahah nag nose bleed ko ...hahahhahahah).

So coffee time, loved ones, and talking about anything. The first real life authors of this one (in my life) were my own parents. Papa and mama (many years back) would wake up early dawn to pray the rosary together. After which papa would play his "antique" Tom Jones songs (that were pleasing to my ears though) and mama would prepare coffee for both of them to discuss about anything. Still wrapped in my sheets, i could hear both of them in the dining table savoring the mornings together (they simply love the morning talks).

My other siblings do that too with their husbands or wives...the legacy handed down to us by our parents. At my end (though not yet "tied"), i have my own intimate times with coffee such as spending it with my sibling's family over hot pandesal during mornings that we are not rushing to do anything ( i want to savor this moment), or spend it with Mike, or with friends ( i just miss many of them now) or during spiritual encounter with my SD in the last 19th annotation retreat.

I would like to note that i am not stressing or focusing on coffee here...i am stressing on the TIME ...that special time spent for such moments of soft voices, eye to eye contacts, silence, simple conversations, intimate topics, plans presented and unfolded. Where, i could just be myself with the other person, tears sometimes flow, laughter shared, savoring the taste of the coffee while sipping the moments of joy ...of intimacy...of true and real selves revealed...

I love so much this family legacy...i love so much this intimacy of time...I simply love the people i was and am with...close to my heart...soooo close...:-)

At this point...(hahahah balik gihapon Ignatian paradigm)...the Iganatian Pedagogical Paradigm teaches a lot...but those moments of encounter with loved ones are simply one bit and piece of that paradigm...Context ...this one is Love in the moment...Coffee Time...made so special... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment