Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Collecting Books and Loving More My Man



I was toying with the idea on mothering. Call me ambitious (nyahahaha) but I consider this being positive with life again. My research started with my visit to a bookstore (together with my husband) and I got hold of this book entitled Your Pregnancy by Dr. Glade Curtis and Judith Shuler, MS.


My friend and sister-in-law May also lent me a book entitled What to Expect When You're Expecting authored by Dr. Heidi Murkoff, Arlene Eisenberg and Sandee Hathaway(since she has just delivered her second cute baby). This book was like a baton passed on to me after conversing with her related to how it was during the delivery with the overwhelming pain that she went through. She had dry labor without anesthesia since her doctor thought that she was still 1 cm less than the supposed 9cm.

Well I was all sorts of expressions laid in front of her while listening and was viewing the scene from the back of my brain with fear and trembling imagining myself in that same situation (huhuhu). But I should say my friend was such a brave woman to undergo all that.

To continue with my book collections, I bought the following book entitled 365 Ways to Help Your Children Grow authored by Sheila Elison and Dr. Barbara Ann Barnette months ago when I started to consider creating something for the kids and the families to work on. It is a collection of daily activities for children facilitated by parents themselves. I can imagine an entire family so involved and bonded through this book. This book has been an inspiration to prepare activities that may be of use for Filipino families.


But then being a wife may be needing some guide (heheheh). Prior to the wedding, I did not really intend to finding a book related to this. But then I came across a book entitled Wifework relating experiences and challenges of a wife (named Susan Maushart) that chose divorce to find more of herself. I have not really read the entire book. I may not be able to relate everything about the experiences of the author but it lead me to a realization about great partnership that I and my husband should be building in our married life.


Lastly, I and my husband went to another Book sale and gathered these children's books not for our future kids though (we don't have any yet). They would be given to a small Day Care Center in the province of Bukidnon. Since it did not push through as intended, I thought of keeping it for family use (not for the kids yet in the family but the "kids in us" - I and my hubby hahahhaa).

Oh, going back to mothering. I am thinking and feeling it right. I was really preparing for it even before the wedding. It's just that ...it is my passion to be passionate with life and with anything that I engage in that makes me really center my energy to it without loosing sight of my vow (it should be plural...i'll focus on one in this blog heheh) - of loving my husband.

I just think that what I am doing right now and the previous months - is loving more my beautiful man:-) Michael:-).

No comments:

Post a Comment