Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Creating the Greatest Impact

http://www.cksinfo.com/education/teachers/index.html

As a trainer myself, I thought of the great impact I would be able to create in the lives of my trainees. More so with teachers. I happen to talk with a friend that I have not met for months already. She is a formator of students in a university. She mentioned of the sort of difficulty with penetrating with students during formation stating that they have a "different" set of students at this time. I responded by sharing that teachers can make the greatest impact to students "your moment with them may not show the immediate result but that's your moment to create that impact...don't just let go of it".

What can be frustrating to a teacher is when he / she may feels the lack of interest from the students themselves. The greatest motivation of a teacher to move on is that when he /she sees the results from tests, quizzes or any form of formal assessments or evaluations to meet the expected performance or beyond for them to move to the next phase.

With the innumerable things that a teacher does, he /she should not lose sight of the most important thing that is, education being able to transform lives of students.

Teachers may not be able to get immediate feedback but the moment that they focus on with students...that moment when they are really "present" is their time to create that life changing impact.

As a trainer, I don't just look at the now...but the impact of tomorrow:-) So teachers, formators, trainers... do not despair. There is great value to what you are doing now...move on...I salute you for what you are doing and I salute those teachers who have have taught for a long time ...sharing themselves without counting the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment