Monday, February 13, 2012

Love Remains Love... Despite Age and Seasons

 http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=Valentine+cards&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=CA86T9ftEcPRrQetmJW2CA&ved=0CEoQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=437
  

Love ...love is in the air.  Valentines day.  I braced my steps outside of the office to join the noon mass at a nearby university with my husband.  I felt the excitement.  Outside the office, flowers, balloons, gifts were displayed.  So festive. 

On my way, I met young students - couples, holding hands, ladies bringing flowers, stuff toys, etc.  Young love, sweet love ahahah.  One thing i observed.  I did not see even atleast one married couple - older ones  holding hands or the wife bringing bunch of flowers.

If younger ones are so into the excitement of valentines day, the older ones don't (based on sharings from experiences).  I am now holding my laughter whehehe.  Older ones would just say - "we are too busy, there are so many things to attend with, save the valentines for the young ones, we dont need to date, we have children to attend with, love should be everyday anyway, etc."  But mind you, when they were still younger, they have stories to tell ahhahahahaha just like us with my husband.

Last night i thought of how i could make it special for my husband.  You see i have been experiencing a lot of adjustments with my pregnancy...some moments of discomforts.  But i am not making it an excuse not to rekindle the excitement.  

When we woke up dawn time due to some creeping insects at 2 am, I wanted to hold my greeting because it was too early but then  with eyes closed I still greeted him "happy valentines day hon" and dozed back to sleep ( I did mean that ha... hahahahha).

When we woke up early morning to prepare for breakfast, i moved closer him at the sink and kissed him together with the valentine greeting.  When we heard mass at noon time and he was very late, I just decided to be more loving rather than making him account for reasons of his lateness.  When we went out of the chapel and held his arms, i decided to inch my hand downwards into clasping and holding his hand.

I also giggled when someone shouted to sell to him valentine gift plus flowers at the sidewalk with the comment " for your wife".  He was not convinced though to buy the gifts.  I thought that man could have said ..."for your lovely wife" hahaha then my husband could have bought that for me.  But nah nah...Mike did lots of loving more than those flowers and gifts (hahaha trying to defend my hubby).

For the past years, he did not give me much of those flowers, chocolates, etc.  He bought me books.  He knew that I love books.  He knew also that when he bought me books, he could borrow it too and we would have something to share for a good discussions.  

Well, he did surprise me one Valentines day in the past when he bought bunch flowers through my boardmate that placed them on my bed.  I was in tears when i arrived from work seeing them so beautifully laid on it.  I thought i was not much of flowers.  I realized then that anything given by someone dear to us is  simply embraced by the heart. 

I just have that "inner sense of knowing" (to quote Dr. Dyer heeheeheh)  that deep within the older ones is a heart that longs for excitement.  A heart that sees and reads the simplest message sent through love.  I just know that the older ones need to strive harder to make love visible.  Our bodies do age but never love.  Love is the only true thing we have.  We labor in love despite the loss of feeling. 


Young ones need the older ones to show that great example sending that strong message that  even when we age, love is alive.  We can't also just simply send the young ones the message that love is associated by mere feeling and can be lost.  Oh ...oh ...danger...zone heheheeh.


True love stays strong... regardless of season. Love is love...unmoved.


No comments:

Post a Comment