Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Short Recall On My "Passion" History

 
I could put much of the credit to finding my passion to the late Mrs. Maritza Taleon.  She was our department head way back in college when I plunged into the course BS Psychology after that long bout to "free" myself from the expectations of my parents.  While i was engaging myself with the course, Mrs. Taleon gave me that opportunity to facilitate a workshop to / with college students from another school on her behalf.  Well she was supposed to give that workshop but i did not know what gotten through her when she just entrusted such task to a college student like me that time.  I guess she saw something in me that might have thrived  with training when perked.  Thanks to my "guru" of trust.    

What then after that?  I found myself giving talks to my Catholic Christian community, college students to the university where i graduated, workshops to many groups after that.  Since I was employed in the same university where i graduated particularly doing counseling with high school students, the "mission" kept pushing me in that direction - facilitating trainings.  I felt that it was no longer by chance that the invitations to facilitate came.  I felt some hand guiding me in that direction and when I was in it, I felt that soaring fire, excitement, feeling "lost" in the process of just engaging myself without being conscious of who my participants were. 

Looking back, I could not really imagine at a much younger age that i would be giving trainings to deans of colleges, school administrators or to give training side by side in a hotel conference room with the country's president of the organization of Guidance Counselors.  

Looking back, I thought of the courage I mustered within me and the grace to inspire many participants as I received positive feedback from the participants during evaluation time.  Time came when I became restless  being contained in a counseling job for 10 years.  I left it with thought of vague possibilities ahead.  I just felt that i had to do that for something else unknown but with certainty that there was something "more" for me.  

And i was right.  At present, I am into my most passionate tasks of putting that passion together.  First I landed a job in Human Resource which led me to another job being a Training Officer.  What I was putting together for the past years in training is slowly in shape through this job and I am currently expanding my horizon that is pushing the consultancy business that I conceptualized in 2009 called Triune Consultancy, Trainings and Counseling.

With the skill to facilitate side by side with it was and is the skill to write training modules particularly suited to the needs of my clients.   I have accumulated a lot already and these have become my "buckets" to stay on "fire"  with Training whether i would stay with my current position or pull out later for wider and bigger field to till. 

No comments:

Post a Comment