Thursday, May 31, 2012

Grandma's Love at First Sight


 http://www.picturesof.net/pages/090802-141119-064042.html

I was with a proud young grandma the other night.  She went so ecstatic describing how she journeyed with her daughter from pregnancy, delivery, and up to the present when her grandson is already 1 year old.  I saw the bliss in her eyes up until she declared..."what i had was a love at first sight with my grandson" (wow so there is such a love at first sight with grandchildren).  I wonder how it was with my own mother with my nephews and nieces.  

While she continued with her story i was laughing with her plus the giggles in between. Wow again, that's how it would be with a grandmother.  And, I could recall my dream of my own mother the previous night holding my baby with that big beautiful smile on her face.   I was almost in tears recalling that brief dream and the encounter I had with that beautiful young grandmother leading to the message that I got...my own mother is as happy and proud as that grandmother in front of me. 

Oh I miss my own mama (that's how i called her) so much.  She must have felt the joy of a grandma while I and my husband joyfully waited for our own "love at first sight" moment with our baby come September of this year.


Hmmm....grandmothers...they are just simply lovely and adorable, too:-)... (I still miss my mama).

No comments:

Post a Comment