Friday, June 1, 2012

My Job With Its Simple Joy



She came by after lunch time at the office and approached me immediately with her sad goodbye.  Marilyn, that's her name.  She said that that it was her last day at work and had to leave the company to join her sister in another place and eventually leave the country for a job offer.  

I felt sad knowing that we would loose another committed front liner worker at the shop.  But the other thing was that she remembered coming back for the goodbye with a big hug, "thank you" and a packed spaghetti meal.  She did melt my heart...Oh ...oh ...I held myself from tears while she had some (huh...i would miss my job, too...as i thought of leaving mine...)

Thank you so much Marilyn.  You are one of the best crew the company had. 


PS...One of the characters i described in my previous blog entitled "When Work is No Longer Work" - November 2011 is Marilyn...truly she is worth emulating as a worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment