Sunday, June 17, 2012

Taking An Unpopular Path




It has been almost two weeks since I practically stopped working from my full time job as Training Officer in a company.   It was not an easy exit though but I had to as agreed  upon (between me and my husband).   My resignation was supposed to be effective on  May 31,  but I was requested by the top management to extend by the end of June.  

 But then again, I could no longer hold myself over some situations (hehe)  that I had to  request for my doctor’s intervention regarding this matter (good thing my doctor understood me full well) and I gloriously got my full term’s rest…that would mean, until I deliver my baby (but that doesn’t mean going back to my previous company). 

What’s for me at this time?  Being alone in the house lately and having a lot of time to figure out how things would be at my end,  gives me the most of freedom to explore where I am.  I tried looking back and counted my blessings of the past 4 years that I was out in the academe (which I thought at first I would regret for the rest of my life :-) ). 

Blessings such as :

1.       Went to US twice, met people (different kinds of people) and got so exposed with a of things

2.      Worked in the corporate twice

3.      Had the opportunity to lead at least for the majority of the four years ( at last I was able to conquer my fear in leading)

4.      Had the privilege of being assisted by two great Jesuit priests  (Fr. Norlan and Fr. Frank) who opened my doors  to my life’s passion (writing)

5.      Opened this blog site as my self expressions and was able to extend myself at least and in the little wisdom I gathered from experience to friends and even to beautiful guests from throughout the world that hop into my blog site (thanks so much to all of you…I feel so honored and humbled at such gesture and initiative of your visits).

6.      Started an Advocacy called Joyfully Hopeful supported by a Jesuit priest Fr. Frank now shared between me and my husband through the shirts and other products (though this one has not really moved forward yet at this time yet…I can see its future:-) )

7.      Explored and started to venture into business 

8.      Got married  last year (at last hahahahah) despite the many challenges

9.      Now nearing my 7th month of pregnancy ( a little girl due by September)

10. Miracle of all miracles, I have started compiling some of my most read blogs – from the funniest to ….what would you say…the most heart breaking moments of my journey and put it into a book (actually I did not really think of these until some readers have noticed its impact and have started “tempting” me to publish them:-) ….this one keeps me really "crazy" on top of my keyboard lately putting things together plus another book on career taken from my journey with different employers).

11. I have intruded lives two probable editors …you see I have the tendency to overwrite.  I need that doze of downsizing with words.  I really want it sound conversational and with personal touch’

12. It is by grace that I do not worry if people will buy it or not.  I could worry less of that.  You see, when you get to receive an invitation to write from the heavens (I hope I listened right hehehe), you could worry less or not worry at all about people buying it.  I consider it already a grace to be able to share myself:-) )… 

I just don’t want to live  a life with regret in the future carrying the thoughts “what if I published it?  What if I had done this…so many what ifs”…I don’t want or need that anymore (and I could worry less about what people would think of it”.  That thing is …I just want to go crazy with letting it out and have fun that my books are out there… with the thought that “at least there may be one soul today that may be touched…that is heaven for me already”…  there is no hurry at all…(life is just too beautiful to rush right? :-)

13. A confession though…  I am not really totally unemployed, as I was taken by a Medical laboratory as Psychologist working part time  so  I need not be in the office unless special cases would require my presence.  All other things such as test administrations are done by a  Psychometrician and I love the freedom that this job is giving me.  

14.  Now a wife and soon – to – be mom,  I have a husband that is so “obsessed” with taking good care of “us”  -  I and the  little girl in my tummy.  I just feel sometimes like having a bodyguard keeping watch with what I eat, vitamins that I take in and the daily routine walk that we do take together (I mean the three of us hehehe).  

Well did I mention already a negotiation that took place between me and my husband?  At least with his support, he promised that I could get back on course including my Post graduate studies.  But even then, I am very open to whatever movements and direction that the decision I made  would take me.  I feel confident of the promise that I took before God as to taking care of my family  ....balancing it with career… I just want our beautiful gift – little girl (hopefully by the name of Maria Mikaela) be taken cared of in the next 3 months in my womb and have her come out by September.


Huwwwooooosh…I need that doooze of breath and strength to push hahahhaha …God is with us:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment