Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The School of Life


We all know what school is like.  We all got into its formal process of training and formation.  What I am talking about in here is not the latter.  I am pointing to the "freelance" training and formation with life...that is what I call in here "The School of Life".

This is such an ambitious venture to deal with in writing.  But as I conversed with my husband a while ago, my mouth just led me to the title above and thought perhaps I could give it a try in writing.

So what do I mean with the terms "School of Life?

Life in this context is where we are.  The life that we live each day presents and gathers lessons.  Only those with "sharp" visions would be able to see the non formal and freelance programming that it presents.

Why did I arrive to the above title?  While I started cleaning up the mess in the house, my thoughts ran back to the challenges that my family had in the last 2 months.  And I was trying to recall to my husband how we both asked God in prayer  that we would become good parents and that we would be strengthened in faith.  God answered our prayers by throwing us to the situations that would sharpen our skills such as the coming of our daughter and her coming at a much earlier date (premature).

Moreover, I could recall a prayer session with a group of workplace colleagues.  I shared to them my a reflection stating that I have requested God so many things in prayer and I realized how fast He was with responding to them.  Well,  I did not really get exactly  what I requested instead He threw me to challenging situations that led to the formation of my character and values

I may not have gotten everything that I wanted but in the end I found wisdom that led to asking for the right things over and above material possessions.    In the process also, I realized I did not really need a lot of what I first asked.  

Though at times also I got what I wanted, a lot of times I realized I did not really needed them as much as I desired them at first.  The most of the imprint were the wisdom and growth I gathered from them.  Materials possessions became what I called  “my bonus”.  Ultimately also, having those material possession led to another good value -  giving them away:-).  Thus, one good thing led to another good.  That is something very beautiful ha:-)

There are more things to learn.  Basic to learning also that I needed to put on as my gear is openness.  That’s what is needed to maximize learning in this that I call “The School of life”.  Huuh… tedious training and formation but I really reaped a good harvest from it.  The formation is very unique.  The program is so fitted to each one (hmmm I think formal schooling has slowly adapted the same:-) ...)

So...join and hop in my "school",...and be truly …formed:-)
____________________________________________________________________

Guide Questions for the Readers to comment on?

1.  Has there been any situation that made you learn from this "school of life?
2.  Is there any part of this article that perked you a bit?

Please share your comments... you might be able to enlighten me as well:-) Thank you very much.  Be blessed :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment