Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Looking Back to Our First Year of Marriage:-)

opefu

This writing will be all about moving back to the previous year of my marriage with my husband Michael  up to our wedding anniversary that we just celebrated:-)

First was the very rocky and challenging preparations we had for our wedding last October 1, 2011 ... and yup ...after almost 12 years in the relationship:-)

Second.. was my fear after almost 2 months of marriage that I might not get pregnant immediately due to a little "rough" age ...hmmm i mean a little late jump and hump into the married life ...and yes at the age of 37 years old:-) shocking to you?  ... Those who who know us are not.  They have been waiting also for such a long time or else ... hahahha...

Pregnancy Test - January 2012
Third...was when I found out that last January 15, 2012 (during the feast of the Sto NIno), that I was month and a half pregnant...ohhh and it was a rejoice halleluiah moment for us husband and wife.



Fourth, was my crazy and "OA" preparations for my baby such as writing a program for her formation.  Hmmm yes I can see your face twisting and questioning just how in the world could one give a formation to a fetus!!!.  Hahhahaha just as simple as talking, listening to a music (from the most solemn Christian music to the wackiest of all rock and roll including nursery rhymes hahhahah)  praying, reading stories with moral lessons (I downloaded from the net 100 stories PDF version..wow...actually mommy cried while reading...hmm I seem to be getting the lessons first), watching movies, etc.  All of these came with touches on my tummy.  

I also did some actual coloring and tracing on paper while I explained as if Mika was in front of me  and touch my tummy about what I did.  Do you know why I did this?  My OB doctor told me to start stimulating while the baby is inside the womb.  And the  obedient me just did anything I can to create the drama of a lifetime (just love being crazy ha :-).

And..where did I get those stuffs that I did?  Nowhere except some of those moments when I just imagined how I would entertain and make her learn at the same time.  I am highlighting entertainment rather than creating an impression that it is being imposed.

And I also did Mika's first scrapbook..some kind of putting together some "milestones" (according to my friend amphie in her blog)  documenting special moments of my pregnancy (and beyond) such as photos of ultrasound and fetal scan and many more.


some of the few stuffs given to Mika
Fifth was the putting together, receiving gifts from Tita Mae, Tita Joyce, Tito Marco of Mikaela and her cousins Andrea and Aethan....clothes...lots of clothes ...and the cute, pretty silver shoes:-)  ...so grateful for the gifts ..(BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU / THEM :-) ).  We did not really buy much of those stuffs.


Sixth was the very challenging... unexpected and premature delivery of our daughter Maria Mikaela last July 28, 2012 that put us at a great "halt" with life.  I mean I did a lot of reflecting and "seeing" beyond what was superficial right after that incident giving us couple "seeing" more of our life journey as a family with God:-)...  A beautiful entry of our daughter despite the challenge (id rather call it that way than seeing it as a "problem":-) .

And now...after 1 year of marriage ...we are a family... Our first year of marriage brought forth so much of blessings...more than anything...was the coming of our daughter Maria Mikaela.  She is just a wonderful and the best gift that God gave us for the past 1 year of marriage:-)  
You see some our dear friends have asked us how we were able to have a child immediately after the wedding.  I just had to boast of one thing.  God is a faithful God...After the longest wait prior to the wedding, even and despite the fear, He dispensed His blessings (I am praying for my wonderful friends that have desired so much to have children) and the best of all is our daughter Mikaela... I am more than grateful to God for such:-)

Lastly, celebrating our simple first wedding anniversary yesterday (October 1, 2012) was such a joyful one that led to a greater hope for the future.  

A big toast to my husband Michael for a Joyfully Hopeful marriage and to our daughter Maria Mikaela for coming into our lives:-)


Our Family Advocacy :  The Joyfully Hopeful

3 comments:

  1. while reading your blog, I could feel the excitement between the lines.

    I'm so happy for you my friend. You are in a glorious journey of being a wife, a mother and a friend.

    Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dres kabalo jud ko ikaw ni thanks kaayo ...c u soon"=)

      Delete
  2. Hi Dang,
    I have been reading and of course! I'm following your blog.

    Great post you've got here truly a mind's masterpiece.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete