Monday, October 8, 2012

A Great Awakening

Forgive me for my desperate attempt to give your visuals:-)  Thanks to google for the above photo:-=)
Hello everyone.  I guess it has been a while since my last blog.  A while means days or a week that I have not really written.  I just decided to stay off for a while and think hard.  I mean feel hard.  I just feel so detached lately from the web that I thought this morning that perhaps I could put in here something of great value to my readers in here.

This is my gift for your today...as I think it is :-)

My husband ran through a feature at a TV program called EYE - WITNESS at GMA (Filipino channel that features Abaca - made products at a particular place called Sarranggani ( I hope I got the name of the place right...my husband is not certain either).  But as he presented the details, we were both not caught with the products but with the people, particularly the children living in that place.  I do have a very soft spot for children ...all the more that I am now a mother.  

You see these children live by eating Kamote (sweet potato) for  breakfast, lunch and supper.  Note...it is everyday all throughout the year.  Anyways, since the children (according to the account in the above -stated TV program) only knows this kind of food,  it is kind of heart breaking to me as I see my own little girl having so much. Well she gets to drink lots of nutrients from my breast milk side by side with her formula milk  plus her other daily vitamins.  And these children with physical descriptions as having big head, skinny and short bodies  just have to contain themselves with one type of food (even my dog and my adopted 3 stray cats according to my husband sort of "complain" when they are served one type of food  in all meals in a day by not eating them). 

What is my point in here?  My heart goes so much to the lack and poverty of others.  I guess I have succumbed myself to complaining about a lot of things including those desires that I would want to have and accomplish that resulted to a deep struggle and questioning why didn;t have this or that or why in the world have I done something that I regretted later.  A lot of issues I tell you.  But these children... SIMPLE children would be an understatement.  They are literally POOR CHILDREN that   just needed food to survive all throughout the year and they get to fight over the sweet potato that they dig somewhere...someplace...

This really needs a lot of consideration.  All of us that complain a lot might as well join me in my day's reflection...God bless us all:..towards a great awakening...:-)

.Guide Question :

1.  What is it in your life right now when you get to say "I want this and that...endlessly that leads to frustration and great distaste with life?  
 2.  Are there things that you failed to see as...blessings?  

 Hhmmm you might as well re-consider...what I just shared above...:-)  God bless:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment