Friday, August 29, 2014

Night time, Play time and Dozing off to Sleep




I have my routines at night with my daughter.  When I get home, I would simply kiss her on the head (hmmm I dont pick her up immediately with the day's dust that i gathered eheheheh...).  I would immediately clean up,change clothes, pick her up, hug and hug,  take my dinner and rush to pick her up again.  This part would be my time to just be with her.  She takes dinner with me a lot of times.  While she's being fed, I'll take mine so that I would immediately change her clothes and play with her in bed or tell her bed time stories or just snuggle her in my arms or place her on my lower legs for our regular "mommy and mika seesaw". 

It is really fun.  And I would trace her steps go up and down the bed while i remind her from time to time to take it slowly so she won't fall.  She is a smart girl.  She listens well to instructions but i felt her at times doing it her way without hearing my voice when she opens the drawer and take out all her socks and underwears, etc.  She felt like everything's a play.  And so I would pick her up in my arms, put her back in bed while I share to her my disappointment with what she did.  Lately, I would gather those stuffs she spread on the floor, put them on her hands and arms and led her to putting them back in the drawer.  That one move made her pout with some moves of resistance by pulling herself out from me.  But at that mommy wins despite her resistance.  


She has very high energy jumping up and down or going up and down the bed. Yet when I see her yawn, I would feel that I would have to put and lock her beside me to sleep.  Sometimes she would resist yet, her tiredness would consume her to sleep.  And then I would hear myself whisper "thank you God my girl's asleep".  And this is my only time that i would have for myself and daddy.  

Even if I would be so tired when I get home, it gives me relief to just spend time with her.  I miss her so much during the day and I would always tell her that.   Such a lovely site when she runs to me to just hug and hug.  Hmmm such a beautiful night to come home with such a lovely girl in my arms...despite the busy day...

Thank you dear God:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment