Wednesday, February 28, 2018

LIFE AND WORK BALANCE EQUALS...


At times do you feel and sound healthy?  Do you feel your life goes along well?  Do feel you are able to balance your life such that you are able to manage things that you are engaging in your life.  I will make myself as an example. I am currently engaging in the following :

       1.  Family life – wife and a mother
      2.  Conducting tutorial, emotion management and speech therapy to my little girl and assessing her progress in these areas  ( in partnership with my very hardworking and dedicated husband)
       3.  Monitoring a senior high school
       4.  Conducting faculty observations
      5.  Teaching college students in Behavioral Management and career guidance and counselling
      6.  Writing another textbook
       7.  Helping college students in research
       8.  Preparing my research for international publication
       9.  Conducting counselling to special cases only
       10.  Assisting a preschool in curriculum development
      11.  Giving random talks and workshops to specific groups or organizations in the community
       12.  Organizing a prayer group: 2000 Hail Mary Devotional Group

I could add up the list. You may be overwhelmed seeing the list. Majority of the items in the list are not done every day (some are done ones a month).  It is family and work that eat up most of my time.   However, the intention to help and at least do an act of kindness  ( actually I go beyond my one-act quota in a day…and I get to report that to God at mass) each day comes in the way.  Oh, I forgot to include in the list that I and my husband adopted 10 stray cats feeding them three times a day (every single day).  And I and my husband feel so blessed doing this.

I may be “tired and weary”  yet a happy and fulfilled soul who simply desires peace and quiet at times in God’s arms.  Please don’t get me wrong …I get this every day with my husband…:-)…I so love his warm embraces every single day.  But, someone like me who underwent spiritual retreats, recollections and silencing moments wants to go back to some moments that I once or many times had. 

Life and Work balance.  I facilitated this topic to some groups in our community. With my engagements, I am being reminded many times to do this.  But then this topic for me is simply equated with God in a moment of true silence in prayer.  That for me is a balance.  Yes…GOD equals – LIFE AND WORK BALANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment