Friday, February 9, 2018

RIGHT PERSON OR RIGHT TIME - A VALENTINE MESSAGE TO YOUNG PEOPLE


Hello everyone.  I am back to send you a message on Valentine's Day.  I was invited to give a talk a while ago (February 10, 2018) to college and some senior high school students.  The topic was: Right Person or Right Time.  Wow, I find this topic truly "yummy" to give to the students.  Adolescents are truly close to my heart.  I truly understand and sometimes speak their language at my age.  I also love the fresh and high spirit of the young ones.  It makes me feel young and fresh too.  

Now for my message...

RIGHT PERSON or RIGHT TIME.  

Valentine’s Day is approaching.  Four days more.  You may be wondering about the following things:  who to date, where to bring my date, will I have a date, or will the day be the same with other days of the year.  But still, you insist or desire in your heart it would be a special day. But wait...first try to make a shift to the following ideas.

The topic that you assigned to me is on Right Person or Right Time.  Young as you are you may wonder which way to go between the two.   When you say, RIGHT PERSON, you have certain standards set for a right person.  Who sets the standards?  It is basically subjective.  You may have gotten your standards from your learnings – family, school, readings or peers who may be sharing their own standards of MR Right and MS. RIGHT. 

RIGHT TIME.  Who sets the time?  When do you say it is the right time?  It can be subjective too.  If I may ask you the question?  When is the right time?  What would your answer be?   You may say "When you finished your studies; when you have helped your parents send your sibling to school; when you have accomplished your dreams – such as buying a house, car, etc. "

My dear young people, please do not confuse yourself between the two.  The challenge that I am leaving you right now is that :

“WORK TO BECOME THE RIGHT PERSON.  YOU WILL ATTRACT THE "NON RIGHT" ONES (if I may say it).  AND SO, THEY WILL WORK OUT AND LABOR TO HARNESS THEMSELVES SO THAT THEY BECOME RIGHT FOR YOU”

As to the RIGHT TIME.  You will know when the right time will be while you labour to become the right person.  

My dear young people,  I want to tell you something that may not be so popular nowadays to the millennials who want things fast and automatic.  Technology may have eaten your values of patience and perseverance.  And you may have forgotten at times that there is SOMEONE up there who holds time in His hands.  I AM HIGHLY SUGGESTING TO COMMIT YOURSELVES TO DOING GOD’S WORK.  FOCUS ON GOD’S WORK. YOU WILL SHINE RADIANT AND READY FOR THE “RIGHT MAN” THAT YOUR HEART DESIRES.  

More than anything PRAY FOR THIS MAN.  You may or may not have met this guy but I AM CONFIDENT THAT THIS RIGHT MAN WILL BE PREPARED AND READY WHEN “HIS TIME “…that is GOD’S RIGHT TIME has come for both of you to meet. 

What I am telling you is not a fairytale.  Life is not a fairytale.  The more realities strike the more pain you will feel and the more human you become.  Grow from them.  It is in pain where you learn best how to love.  Again focus on serving God rather than engaging so much in those technologies and gadgets that will rob you off and away from truly living life to the fullest.  Stop texting and talk to those friends in front of you.  Who knows one of them may be the RIGHT ONE prepared by God for you.

Again, work your way to become the RIGHT PERSON than becoming so busy looking for MR. RIGHT...And the RIGHT TIME is in GOD's hands...you will feel and know that.  

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.


PS:   I especially thank my Valentine love husband Michael for sharing his beautiful ideas on "preparing oneself to be the right person" than busying oneself with looking for "MR RIGHT"... ...he concluded my search for the right words to say.  Thank you "honey bear"...Advance HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.


Some notes :

1. Psychology Today article entitled The Power of Love (McGrath, 2016) states that:       “ Know that love is a learned skill, not something that comes from hormones or emotion particularly. Erich Fromm called it ‘an act of the will’. ”
2.  Venerable Fulton Sheen stated " Love is an act of the will".


9 comments:

  1. "God will bring the RIGHT PERSON into your life at the RIGHT TIME."...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly believe in that...thank you for dropping by:-)

      Delete
    2. I love it ms.glen..So inspired by this.I have been a single mom foer 15 yrs and counting but i have high hopes that soon i will find my right one..mwahhh..God bless ..continue to share & inspire people..

      Delete
    3. Thank you ms Cherilyn...I felt inspired by your message...I would really want to write more however, i lack the time to really engage...I just feel some sparks at some moments...I thank God more...thank you...thank you so much ...God bless:-)

      Delete
  2. Hello for this Maam. So much full of wisdom coming from you. Daghan ko natun-an sugod sa FAESO speaks hantud diri. It's all worth it. God bless you always po. To God be all the glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Meycozil...thank you for inspiring me too. In the end ...everything is all about GOD'S LOVE FOR ALL OF US...Be GOD's love and inspire many...God bless you always:-)

      Delete