Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Wife And Future Mom's Challenge...My Challenge




I am in the middle of many things – work, being a wife filled with desires, dreams and ambitions.  I thought of balancing everything in my life so as to be able to give everything my best shot. 

Some twists though happened  when I read a  blog about someone that gave up her career for a family and being questioned by someone about her decision.  I felt that she was in “rage” for the person’s comment and reaction.  I do understand her well for that.  Her choice of a life focused on family, toddler and a baby is quite outstanding and admirable.  I could not say anything other than Love so alive in action from a beautiful mom.     I do admire her for her noble and oh so beautiful choice.

What about me?  I was led to re-think and review  my priorities.  Prior to getting married,  I had all the “freedom”  to do things on my own and my way.  However, things changed since the “I do” …my entry to married life.  Every plan, dream, etc have to be shared with my husband.  We are both involved.  It is no longer my life but “our life together”. 

There were times when I thought if I could give up career to attend with children.  I would if I have to.  With all honesty I have difficulty figuring out leaving my baby with a stranger attending with my kids.  I realized  that there is no better touch and care than a mother’s or father’s / parent’s.  At least there is one of us that should be there for them…for the kids.

At this time I am startled at how I could be capable of generating income even if I could become a full time mom.  While career women like me at my current state may be walking around working, building and piling up careers, my heart is slowly “deviating” from the trend.  I realize I could earn more through writing(while I thought  of finishing the books that I started to frame and write) and do consulting work (from where I gain my extra income at moment).

Why am I thinking of this?  I could say that my pregnancy has taken me to a new unpopular route vis-à-vis women’s climbing and competing for big spots in the world of work.  I am thinking and feeling more of the quality time that I am going to be spending with my baby and future kids.  I thought of impact of formation of presence than busying myself with so many things and not keeping track of their total growth and formation.

Call me restless but my pursuit and search of quality just led me also to a research from that of Bo Sanchez (and many other authors) on homeschooling.  I did not think of that while I was employed in a university.  If I had worked there, I would think of security in terms of getting a free education for my kids (That’s quite a relief for parents’ pocket ha).  I and my husband can just take care of our daily financial needs.   But I am seeing more than that.  Not just feeding and providing them the basics of food, clothing, shelter and education.  I and my husband want quality education.  Of course I am not questioning quality of education from where I was employed.  It is just that after I read Bo Sanchez article on Homeschooling, some specks had fallen from my eyes.

As parents yourself or future parents, tell me why won’t you or I be tempted by the following 10 Principles mentioned by Bo Sanchez (Philippines’ popular preacher, best selling author, husband and father of 2)  with his homeschooling program (kindly read quote below by clicking the photo for a better view)




The above led me to explore my world.  I shared a lot of what I have and my capacities to my husband that believed in the same principles of homeschooling.  We both want quality – relationship as a family and the formation that we pass on to our children.   Our vision as a couple centers on quality of content and values so that the same can be passed on to others.

At the moment while waiting for that moment of having a baby coming out by September,  I am still engaging with my daily work, making things work out for my job and those I work with…while figuring out how best I could manifest these – re views, desires, re-routing that can happen, skills that can be handed on to our family’s next generation and more than anything my heart and values that I could strongly pass on and be shared through a ripple positive effect to others through our family.

Long way to go mom...:-)  to a new and exciting adventure :-)  wow....super dooper wow:-)



PS:  Check on Bo Sanchez Homeschooling on the following sites.  And if you think this would affect the child's social skills...he has the answers



2 comments:

  1. very true. If I will be given a choice? I would have my kids homeschooled. Well, I do have a choice which is to choose not having a choice... confused? me too. Anyway,I think the thinking of staying at home and not pursuing a career is something we can think again...I don't agree with what the West is trying to instill in us that having career women stay at home is not a good one. Come on, I would never trade a great career with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true miss...we could have both...staying at home and pursue a career...while i shape my daughter...i could continue shaping myself right ...toast:-)

      Delete