Thursday, January 26, 2012

I DARE TO BE DIFFERENT


I am going to be a mom soon.  I have been very observant for years about mother’s roles including my own mom’s.  Since there were many of us (6 kids to attend with) in the family, most of the time was to keep us on the go with chores assignment (while she did many of her own),   away from each other for the daily small and big fights, and the family orderly and atleast in peace and shut up our big mouths (hahahhahaha).  I was overwhelmed seeing mama did all those.  She was the family manager, finance manager, organizer, etc.  That’s why I saw her one time in one of our family photos so skinny, obviously stressed and burned out.  With much pride I am one of her fruits of her hard work and labor of love (in partnership with papa).

At my end I don’t have to have 6 children (hahahha)… impossible for me to handle…I guess?...and not with my age.  Mama was then 19 or 20 when she got married.  Though she lacked time interacting with each of us,  I saw her dedication with taking care each one in the family. 

Now it is my challenge when I become one.  At this time, I could care less about the responsibilities of motherhood (I don’t want to fill my mind with anxieties of the future). I will contain and focus on  how I could take care of myself so that this tiny “someone”…my baby (hmmmm fetus hahahha) will have to get enough nourishment in a day.  I and my husband are so conscious of what I eat such that we both check vitamins contents of what I take in.

Aside from that I now have some small interaction with him / her  (our baby) when I am alone in the house ( or even if my husband is around),  through stories and music.  I talk and touch my tummy.  I do explain everything including what mommy did in a day and why I am tired, how I am feeling, why mommy is laughing, what strange things I am seeing.  I explain the excitement of why it is good to come out soon with where I am and many more.  I share that daddy and mommy are so happy with him / her.  That he / she is our greatest surprise this year.  I tickle my tummy too. And that I would do anything I can to give him / her the best formation I could extend (perhaps because I just love to write training modules that my baby will soon become a recipient ….hahahahah).

Another thing that I and my husband just did is to pray as a family.  Strange as it is but we both pray with our palms touching my tummy (hahahhahaha).  With the warmth of both our palms we just want to extend the grace and joy of connecting to our God …the ONE that made this tiny dearest “SOMEONE” so possible in my tummy / womb (sorry for the word tummy but I got used to using the word…it is really womb hahahhahah).

There are more things that I and my husband thought of extending to “him/ her”.  We both see how our readiness and openness to life has reaped a full participation from both of (and our baby hahahah – family teamwork).  Though some friends joke with me with how I am managing my pregnancy,  they still find me odd and strange… It doesn’t matter…hhahaha for as long as I make my baby happy:-) 

Just one last tickle on my tummy before I start my day….hahahhaha….



2 comments:

  1. wow congrats po. im sure your baby is already smiling inside your tummy. God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rej thanks so much...well call it crazy but i have the feeling our baby is having such a great time ...being surrounded by great, great love...thanks for celebrating with me...m sure my baby feels thankful for you greeting her / his mom ( hahaha dont take me seriously ok...it is just so "me" to do this)...:-) God bless you Rej:-)

      Delete